Monday, March 29, 2021

Blood Brother

 

.




This is Ed or as I like to call them Fast Eddie, I have no reason for giving him this moniker it just seemed like something cool the name somebody. Fast Eddie is my brother or should I say blood brother not in the Indian sense (though we are quite a bit of Indian) but in the sense that we have the same birth father and birth mother which is such a mind blower I can even get into it even now after a couple years. I believe I've gone over a part of the history of my adoption and then in the past couple of years finding out that I have quite an extensive family (birth family) I really feel I must make a distinction between my birth family and my adoptive family. I don't know if it's sadder not I really don't care but I don't really feel a lot of identification with my birth family as opposed to my adoptive family.


Eddie I guess technically is my little brother. He's about five years younger than I am and he grew up here in the West just as I did. He grew up pretty much hard-core Catholic and I drew a pretty much in the hard-core Mormon family I don't know if that makes me hard-core Mormon are not. Eddie ended up being an only child and I am one among many right smack dab in the middle. I can only imagine what it would be like to be the only kid. Wow, think of all the breaks. No hand-me-down clothes, no competition for attention or what else ever from other siblings. I imagine it will be pretty boring but still. When the family popped up in whatever and sister finder program my daughter used he made early contact with my daughter. He was really really interested in family any kind of family or his family. I've really gotten the impression that he would really like to be closer with me but fortunately or unfortunately we have not been able to make the next step as far as meeting goes. We've communicated a couple times via the Internet/chat software which is pretty cool. I'm surprised at just how focused Ed can be on this whole family thing. Ed has done a lot of research on the parents as well as the brothers and sisters. We are located all over the Intermountain West as will the couple on each coast.. Is good at this kind of stuff he had a career in law enforcement working for the Colorado Highway Patrol working in forensics. I'm sure at his had a fascinating life, sounds that way with little bit we've talked. He certainly has the skills to get the information he desires. I have to admit he spooks me a little bit but that's me not him. I think the birth family were actually trying to get together before the Covid hit last year. I think something would've happened over last summer when people to travel but since all the bans that did not come about and maybe it might happen this summer. I'm still kind of gun shy over the whole thing but will play it by ear as I get the chance to know fast Eddie and the rest…

No comments: