Tuesday, March 16, 2021

My Guilty Pleasure

 


I cannot believe how easily satisfied that I am when the item I want falls into my like today. I have to admit the day wasn't necessarily pristine as far as warm but the day was not bad either and far from the day of stormy windy weather that the weather forecasters kind of predicted. For the most part the sun shone on me today as I wandered about my duties. I was just excited to be out on the system after screwing off yesterday completely. After being late last Assist, Inc. meeting I was late to I just wanted to be there at the proper time so I figured I would leave much earlier than before.


I actually got to my Assist meeting with about 25 minutes to spare. I even stopped at the pastry shop next door and grabbed some coffee. Mind you this was even after I had grabbed a breakfast cheese, sausage and biscuit clone from Wendy'sand halfway through my delicious breakfast realizing I had not taken my morning medications and I'd left without grabbing my favorite sign off-pen. I actually went back home got the meds in the pen returned and still got downtown to the coffee shop and to the office of time to burn. I was really excited what can I say?


For that, got the office I had figured the day would be warmer but I felt rather chilly for as warm as it was supposed to be. I was a bit early and spent time gabbing with the staff as my partner Caroline finally to the office and we could begin our meeting at 11 AM. It's always amazing how grand warmth feels when you're freezing some like food when you're hungry and water when you're thirsty. The meeting was okay. We are still getting to know each other is a group or committee and this is particularly true with the leader of the group, Andreas. I'm forcing myself really hard to see them as his own person and not as Dave's replacement. Andrea's continues to learn the role and feels like he's making mistakes – – at least I feel that he is because I tend to compare them to what Dave did but then again Dave did it for almost 40 years. I wasn't totally excited with white David things. Still it's hard not to compare and I force myself to be nonbiased. The meeting went okay I don't really totally understand Andreasen system but as long as they're happy I'm happy. As always as a volunteer on the board my job is to show up and make the operation look good, or at least to try.


I stayed for about 10 minutes after the meeting closed again gabbing with staff and my fellow volunteer but as soon as I could I took my leave and headed out. I've been thinking about this moment for about two days. I was going to go over for five blocks head over to Taco Time one of my favorite places on earth and where I really should my guilty pleasures. Today was that day. I knew exactly what I wanted so when time came that I was in front of the order counter ordering the fried meat breed it was easy or as I call them the “meat stick”. You must remember that I had a fat bomb for breakfast so ordering the meat stick was a little dis—serving. Too fat bombs Monday do I dare? I dare. I even dared to order the Mexi-tots. I was in heaven. It's just the little things that can make me happy. I scarfed everything down not necessarily quickly but it was time to get back to the apartment to enjoy the rest of the afternoon. I justified my lunch reward for my service to the community and folks who need these desperately needed housing services and maybe even a little guilty pleasure or to

No comments: