Thursday, August 15, 2024

Stinky ride





I am sitting here by my bed patiently waiting for my chair to charge. It's the end of a very long long day for me they actually traveled today 6 miles which is a very rare thing for me to do. 6 miles does not seem like very much but it really is when you consider bus travel training and all that kind of stuff. But today was complicated because his major construction going on around my apartment complex. They're essentially renewing the park and today I found that they had torn out all the sidewalk going from my apartment complex up to the bus stop I used to go in to the city. This means I had to go all the way around to the light and across the street then down a block then cross over to the bus stop. Fortunately today was not too hot it was a good day to travel but I had not built this extra length into my travel day then I find out after I get to bus station that because of major renovation the bus companies doing to a couple of the bus or train stops if our train into the city I'd have to go through What's called the bus Bridge. I've written about this before but not in this kind of a scenario. Today is you can only go so far on the train then you have to deboard the train load up onto a bus and go a fairly significant distance which wouldn't be so bad all things being equal but everybody in their duck was on the train got off and got on the bus I was on it seemed like there was a number of bus was actually and they were all packed really packed. Thank goodness it wasn't a really hot day but it was warm enough that sweat glands were working overtime and I tell you it gets pretty stinky. To make matters worse when you're sitting in the power chair your nose levels right at armpit level many times it's not pleasant. Also, there's a guy maybe a rollback behind me on the bus coughing his snively head off. You know the kind cough cough sniff sniff sniff deep down cough. I'm totally sure the day I was exposed to covid again. It's kind of my fault because I didn't think to use a mask or to wear a mask I think the ones that they have there at the bus or on the bus behind the the driver will just paper and I don't believe they really do much to protect somebody. We'll see I hope I don't have covid. Two people I know personally are just now getting over covid for the second or third time. They're kind of disabled and I'm hoping that's not important as far as whether one that does or does not get covid and how dangerous getting the covert variant is. I'm hoping for the best. I think I was so excited this morning because I was taking off on the train and buses to get into a meeting that I woke up around 3:30 and I don't think I really got back to sleep maybe even who knows…?

No comments: