Saturday, August 31, 2024

Writing dilemma

 What a dilemma. I'm supposed to scratch together a couple stories for the next meeting of Them  Writers Guild and I just can't seem to get started that's been my problem really for the last couple of months if not years. To make matters worse there's all this stuff right now going on about Ai and how kids are using it too right there papers and stuff like that and the big controversy of well people ever be creative again or just turn everything over to artificial intelligence? There's a couple stories this week about how artificial intelligence is sort of taking over everyone's ability to write or more to the point people are using artificial intelligence to do writing which really isn't writing at all. I can't remember right now who I talk to this week who was telling me the problem with or how easy it is just to give the artificial intelligence engine the specifics is what you want to write about and then they are the official intelligence rights whatever you want to do whether it's a short story whether it's a news article or there's even a song. Not only is it frightening for the standpoint of artificial intelligence listening to you and Advising you it's also scary that is this even creative writing at all? Do you turn this in as your work when in fact your artificial intelligence did most of the labor. There's also comment made that the use of artificial intelligence for things like writing and stuff like that the relatively slow/fast elimination of the creative writer everything will be artificial intelligence written and that's really kind of weird. Now having said or dictated all this about artificial intelligence I'm becoming a little paranoid. Whether it's sari or Alexis or whatever the artificial intelligence name is that you have access to I sense the intelligences are always listening. A couple of years ago I realized that I could go to a certain piece of software open it up and then just dictate the phone number . 


I wanted to call and that software would do all the work and soon the phone was ringing and all I had to do was give the initial information for the machine to call. A couple of days ago a friend of mine wanted to write something but was actually frightened that artificial intelligence would somehow listen in and influence the work and it would not be his own. I know this sounds ludicrous but I do know people are getting really gun shy if not paranoid or both regarding this subject. I like to still fancy myself as a writer even though I haven't written hardly anything that's been published. This ongoing blogs one of my best attempts at consistent writing. I also keep a journal, electronically, usually updating it as soon as I finish the blog. I have a difficult time characterizing either of those volumes as real writing. When I think of writing I think of something that has a main character/plotline/ end a subject to around. Maybe tomorrow I can come up with something creative. I was going to cook a roast today never got around to it I may have to do it tomorrow even though I hate cooking big time on Sunday. Not that I don't like cooking I just don't like laboring on the Sabbath I am pretty weird


No comments: