Monday, August 12, 2024

Wheels

 In order for me to either go to the toilet or to have a shower I have to have a special modified shower chair that's large enough to go over the toilet or I poop and then I can push myself in this chair into the  In order for me to either go to the toilet or to have a shower I have to have a special modified shower chair that's large enough to go over the toilet or I poop and then I can push myself in this chair into the shower and basically shower myself and that's my morning process three times a week. Anyway, I've been using the shower bench now for about 5 or 6 years ever since I had this stenosis it I could no longer transfer myself into the shower downstairs at the old house that was when I was married but seemed like forever ago. Anyway, the shower chair developed a real problem on one of the front casters rusted shot and no longer spun making it really difficult for my staff to push me around in that chair or for me to push myself around in the chair I just couldn't do it- - I ended up sending it away for New casters which I think I wrote about in this blog a couple months ago. Anyway about the same time again which I wrote about in this blog I applied to the Independent Living Center for a new chair. Actually, they contacted me which was cool. Anyway, I did go through the application process and it seems now I've been awarded the chair. I was afraid the chair that they were willing to get me was not the same quality as this chair that I've got now in particular since it works pretty well with the new casters. I was just going to keep it actually but since I can get a brand new chair free I'm silly not to go that route. So I had them fax over the chair there willing to get me and it's an identical copy of the chair I've got now. The shower chair I used now even though the casters are repaired and I can push myself just fine with it still has some issues with the foot pedals and holding me out of the chair so I'll be interested to see if this new chair will have better foot pedals or whatever the foot mechanism would be. Now I don't know how long it'll take to get the new product in and see if it will meet my needs and of course I plan to keep this other chair that I'm using now as a backup shower chair. For the life of me I don't know what could happen that I would need a backup shower chair but you never know. I know when the wheels rusted on the first chair I desperately needed a backup chair. So somewhere somehow I'm going to try to find a place to keep this original chair in case it's ever needed. I've got so many backups now I'm backing out of my apartment it seems like.


We finally has significant Cloud burst / rainstorm this afternoon with lightning and thunder in the whole summer thing. I loved watching the day come and hang around and eventually dump its load on this area. It's tropical moisture pumped up from Gulf Coast areas or something like that. It's hard to believe that these clouds are made of moisture wrought from the ocean thousands of miles away had pushed here by the winds. The only real drawback for me however is that the temperatures have dropped because of the weather or the rain action. Tonight's actually going to be in the seventies. I'm really not trying to be a moaner but I hate to see the hot weather leave it's a precursor of things to come..



No comments: