Thursday, June 27, 2019

A Maze D




I don't mean to paint a picture that my life is all consumed by Intro to Drawing but it kind it is right now and I don't know if that's good or bad. The good part is I really enjoy going to class Tuesdays and Thursdays for the inordinate amount of time which I do. The class gets me out of coffee cliques, and gives me a noble excuse for rescheduling doctors appointments, physical therapy appointments and such the only problem is that also hinders some lunch appointments. People in my universe forget that I'm involved in this quasi-endemic pursuit that takes all my morning two days the week.

I'm almost beside myself. We got our new assignment today which is we've got a draw a maze.this is already turned into a nightmare project. Maybe I'm overreacting a little bit but were back to drawing lines with vanishing points that have to be very exact. I don't do exact very well. Thank gosh I can blame a lot of this on my disability (which I think is bull because even before my accident I can remember neatness is not one of my strong points). The image that I've included with this posting is very poor quality but you can see the lines that I've drawn so far. On the right-hand side supposed to make 19 progressively getting smaller squares and I think something like 10 on the other side. The image that you're seeing is my second stab at this project after about two hours of work. This is called the incremental's it is the basic basic part of the project. After I get all the incremental's done that I actually start building the maze. It's so weird to sit there and try to do this work and see my classmates all progressing so much quicker than me. I sometimes wonder if this maze project will be the end of my short-lived drawing class. I hope not hope to think I'm stronger than this. Bear with me please go make a bunch of excuses or some excuses as to why having these problems. First and foremost is the size of the tablet that I have my paper clipped to. It's so big that I cannot reach parts of the tablet and I have to move the paper art clipboard around so I can reach. For instance if I have to draw the long line that sets up for the vanishing point stuff lines never straight and never just one line because I keep lifting the pencil off the paper because I can't reach. I also cannot hold the pen very strongly which then wanders all over the paper making for very messy project. I indirectly visited with my instructor regarding these issues. He nodded his head as he seemed to understand. I was able to show to him that I understood the concept of drawing the line to perspective is against smaller and more distant. That might be as good as it gets. I'm going to work on this project a good part of this weekend I believe. Interesting to note that I am not the only person who is really challenged with this assignment. Will probably also have next week to work on this project partially because next week's the Fourth of July holiday and we will not be meeting that day. So, I've committed to do the best that I can. My maze I know already will not look very good. It will look messy and slovenly I just have to accept that. I'm happy as a clam to know the principles and concepts and traditions of drawing but I still think in the end of been a draw like I draw and draw to enjoy…

No comments: