Monday, June 10, 2019

Going on About My New Tab


I really like my new tablet! I forget how much or how well the 101 tablet meets my needs. Dianne once indicated how pleased I looked or how satisfied I seem to be with the tablet to the point where she volunteered to get me one when I inadvertently destroyed one of my tablets a number of years ago. I really enjoy the ability to use the tablet to surf the Internet, be able to look things up immediately no matter where I'm at and I really have a drawing program that works just fantastic. And of course the speech to text function is profound. Even if I didn't use the speech to text as much as I do 10.1 also has a great keyboard which I've used to actually type, hand type, blog entries as well as kid letters. The camera front and back is exceptional I just can't say enough about the Samsung tab a, 10.1. I'd be great if my blog was monetized but alas I'm not using this space to make money. My readers are so few as it is I would not want to do anything that might jeopardize my relationship with you guys. I do appreciate you dropping by.

Today was the best day we've had in a number of weeks. The temperature inched toward the 80s with lots of sunshine little to no wind perfect for sitting out by my van. I did actually read for about an hour today before Terry Gross and Fresh Air on NPR. But I spent a couple of hours today drawing trying to clean up my homework a little bit. I was finally able to darken the lines on the boxes with the straight edge and to glance at it quickly the assignment looks fairly acceptable. My goal is not to make great works of art but to learn different aspects of the drawing exercise—which I'm doing. Tonight, I plan to spend a little more time cleaning up the document then again it and the clipboard into the portfolio which is always a task but I've learned that I need to do that now as opposed to trying to do it tomorrow morning before the buses going to be at the bus stop. Last Thursday was a nightmare I can do better than this.


Not that you asked but the high point of my day, if indeed there was a high point of my day, was I a got a vision of what might work with my drawing. Again, probably decades ago, my dear ex-wife Dianne got me these round foam devices for people with limited hand function. I took one and used it immediately on my shaver which is worked great over the years I had another one kick it around and I root for this afternoon and found it and slipped it on my drawing pencil and you know what!? The son of a bitch worked! I can actually hold the pencil in my hand like a real person and make marks on the paper then later on color them in. I didn't use this device on the current assignment but I think I will start considering it on what other assignment three might get. Going to see if I can get more of these round foam pieces to use it by other drawing apparatus. Walmart I believe are some of the artsy places most likely have some if not I could get some through by occupational therapist that would take forever. So I'm kind of excited. I've drawn a little bit with the device another pig, I have a couple great therapy pigs. Not bad for a Monday…



No comments: