Wednesday, June 05, 2019

Under Pressure



The day is not been as miserable as I anticipated. Remember last The vendor came and got my chair to repair leaving me with having to cope in my backup chair which is less than desirable, but appreciated totally appreciated. As I've noted in the past my chair is much too large for me making it difficult for me to sit in the chair without putting undue pressure on an already fragile but. But it's the only game in town right now for me unless I want to go to my manual chair and I just don't have the confidence to tool around in a manual chair how long I don't know. I'm going on the assumption that my chair's back tonight but we shall see.

You may or may not remember that I acquired foot boxes from my friends at what used to be UCAT, a great place to acquire used equipment for disability survival. My brother Carl, had to install the foot boxes on my chair and I was not sure how they would work since I don't have any reason to be in my chair and less desperation is happening as today is. But, I happily report that the foot boxes more or less work more so than less. They're a little narrow causing some pinching in my feet that's better than having my feet and myself fall out of the chair. I don't remember if I planned for this event to happen on a day when my home health person is here. But Joe was here this morning and I was able to ask him to trade out a couple of older cushions I have stockpiled, which he did son of a gun the cushion has been working all day. At this moment, my butt is a little tired but not in pain like I experienced last evening before going to bed, sitting in this chair with the other cushion. So this cushion I'm using now makes this chair actually usable even if they don't get my repaired chair back tonight. However I must register my concern that this chair is not very efficient which means that whether it's smaller motors or batteries had a pretty much gone through their lifecycle and really does not hold a charge or depletes a charge quickly. I wanted to go have Office Depot work on my new tablet today but I'm just a little intimidated by how quickly my battery seem to be draining. I charge the batteries all night of course and they are registering 100% full but by the time of midmorning and had only gone around this apartment less than a 10th of a mile that my energy status was at 75%. I just do not want to be stranded out on the system somewhere. So I've elected to stay in the apartment today and work on my assignment which is due tomorrow. It actually that's what I've done a major part of the day is trying to draw the squares cubes. I'm kind of getting it down but it's certainly not pretty by any means like some of the other folks are handing in. That's okay, I'm here just to have fun and learn and I'm doing both and I do sometimes that's as much as one can ask for. I don't know what I'm going to do tomorrow if I chair doesn't come tonight and I have to take this chair into class. That would mean I would have to cancel bookclub at least for me tomorrow afternoon. That's okay too because were just watching the movie second part Charlottes Web…

No comments: