Saturday, June 22, 2019

Hunting Dreams




I woke up this morning haunted by the faces of the kids in my drawing class. I don't know any of them really a couple of them the speak to more than others but I'm a stranger these folks, I'm the old guy and probably just some I'm the old angle guy but really am I? Especially with the revelation of my new family,this whole actual family thing is flex so kind of weird. I don't know how to refer to myself in my angle? (I don't think so) and my Hispanic? Am my Latino?am I indigenous American which is not necessarily anymore the same as native American? Well anyway that's irrelevant to this days post. What I do know is that I am the old guy. If I'm not I still think I can pass for white.

It's not like we were assigned seating positions when the class started everyone more or less just kept sitting on the same horses each day they came in. The guy sits next to me is one of the Nicks.I believe there are three Nicholas,Nicholes and Nico they all answer to “Nick”. One is a young tough or at least I think he is. He is quiet and brooding even when called upon by Brendan the instructor. He doesn't seem knowledge me much however I've noticed that most the time when I drop something (and I drop a whole lot of stuff through a class. Like a lot of kids in this class when the class began felt like taking the class was a big pain something they are being forced to do which I guess was true to a certain extent. There's Paola with the blue hair there Sabrina a returned missionary who seems to be waiting around to being beatified Abby and Gabby ,Sarah, Anahi our Middle Eastern and Asian representatives, Joshua, Molly, Reagan, Godfrey and Caleb there's probably others I forgot but that's basically it quite is scattering of the world represented in our little group. We all sit in basically the same spots at every meeting. There's been some pairing up that's gone on. Some of the class seems pretty tight with each other to the point when if someone does not show up for class unexpectedly Brenden will ask one of the other students that he knows is tight with the missing who often can offer up an excuse for their absence.

It was weird how I saw all their faces this morning as I initially woke. I was intrigued specifically with Nico, the Hispanic young Brando. On items we brought in to draw I was so surprised that he brought a guitar. I'm intrigued how hard all these folks are working to produce their drawings and I admit I also am trying hard to produce a drawing that kind of surprises me for the amount of work I'm putting in for zero credit. After all I'm just the old guy with questionable origins

No comments: