Tuesday, June 18, 2019

I Can See Clearly Now…



This summer class: intro drawing continues to dredge up feelings that I thought were long gone. It's a long story but I was up really early this morning and had to have my bathing and a bathroom maintenance done today as opposed to yesterday because of failures on the area of home health. Anyway, I knew I had to be up early so I think I'd is naturally woke up early and couldn't get back to sleep. And the reason I was up so early was because today is my intro to drawing class and it meets at 8 o'clock in the morning so I had to make sure I was all done by that time… Which I was. I was a little frustrated trying to get my clipboard into the portfolio but I eventually did so and zoomed out the door drive my manual chair all the way to the college as opposed to waiting for the bus and trying to wrestle the portfolio through the narrow doors.

The construction still is rampant at the building where our class meets. It's quite a challenge to get from the only ramp that accesses the building, now through the woodworking shop to the other side of the building where our classmates which I did when I got there assign a just gone up on the door “Class canceled”!! I don't know why the could've been construction issues are something dastardly happen to the instructor Brendan but no class today and I felt liberated. It's not like I would do anything and I have to confess that I did not immediately call my buddy David to see if they are having a meeting today downtown. I felt a little guilty blowing off my meeting. I really felt I needed to use my time to go over to Costco get my glasses repaired. I was also worried because I didn't plug my power chair in last night and went to bed and was frightened I didn't have enough power (actually I knew I had enough power but just felt a little uneasy) so I spent the morning working out and reading with my chair plugged in and me leaning back so my butt does not get hurt too much.

I got my glasses a Costco just over three years ago. I knew they had a set of frames a couple weeks ago when I stopped him to ask about cost for a new set of glasses versus just a new set of frames.I was surprised how busy the glasses shop was for Tuesday morning. However, I got in line and when my turn came had the girl dig up the frames, they were still there thank goodness and the price was 80+ dollars. I jumped on it and had her start the process. I put the expenditure on my charge card and hope for the best. Ever since the frames fell apart on Sunday I was fortunate to have the glasses I wore before the broken pair stashed in my drawer for backup. I've got the new glasses, I think I look sort of good. I still need to get new lenses when these first days but I'll wait until my ship comes in…

No comments: