Saturday, June 08, 2019

One Lucky Guy




Today I need to get cash and usually when I need that to happen I just go to the market purchase something with my debit card and they asked if I want cash back, I'm sure everyone else does that too. However, I've misplaced my debit card. You'll notice that I wrote “misplaced” as opposed to “lost”. I was pretty sure had not lost my debit card but I have not seen it in a couple weeks. I suspected the card had fallen out of my wallet and this floating somewhere in the bottom of a backpack. Each day I promised myself I was going to go through the backpack can find the card. Anyway, since I don't have access to the debit card I couldn't use the money back trick at the market. Oh, I'm sure I could've figured it out. I also wasn't sure if I want to go to the college and use the cash machine there at the student union. Not knowing if the student union is open on Saturdays I decided it was a nice day, a bit chilly the sun was out it be a good day for role so I decided to head over to the branch office of Mountain America Credit Union and pull some money out at the ranch and be able to ask a question about why my credit card is not yet shown up. Don't you just hate it when the credit card doesn't show up in time and all the accounts you have on automatic withdrawal start bouncing? Anyway I got a spooky email from my insurance carrier saying that I had just a few more days of coverage.

In my mind the credit union was just around the corner from where I usually shop at Fresh Market. I'm always surprised at how close it seems whenever I pass it on 4700 S. and I forget that it's there. So today I thought go for it off I went up to the light, across the street then I started bearing west. A past 1900 West. where I thought the credit union should be it was not that I figured it be the next light which was about 20th West And that was not. I was beginning to get a little worried as I continued my track westbound. I cautiously crossed the off ramps and on ramps of the interstate a couple of which did not have crossing lights which I thought was kind of weird. And I kept bearing west. At 21st west I was almost ready to start really examining where I was at and really for a split second I wondered if I was having a senior moment Alzheimer's like one of those folks you hear about on 60 minutes, are the 5 o'clock news lost them out on the city streets wandering searching for something they knew was there but never had been almost twilight zone.I kept rolling though trying to keep my faith up, the sun was great the concrete smooth more or less in the air brisk enough to keep me awake and there I finally found the house looking for almost 2700 W. that's a long way in a power chair but I was impressed my power meter said I was doing very well.

I kind of like this branch it's all Hispanic as far as the tellers go. It makes me appreciate what minorities go through at all white credit union/banks. I lucked out and just happen to find my debit card so I had the teller check both and I'm okay. I still have to the end of this month so maybe my cards will come in the mail. However, we did discover that my identification card, since I do not have a drivers license, is no longer valid my ID expired at my birthday this year so I guess it's a trip to the DMV this next week to get a new ID which then I can get new cards immediately. I didn't intend to take such a journey when I left my apartment this morning with the cool weather was a blessing as well as a renovated chair I really am just one lucky guy!

No comments: