Tuesday, June 04, 2019

Make It Stop



I'm just kind of beside myself. I can't believe how busy I seem to be at this point in time and it's all because of the class I'm taking, which is good don't get me wrong. I really wanted something to really observe my time and keep me involved to keep me doing stuff. The drawing classes exactly what I wanted but I can certainly feel the stress as I have just but one day between now and my class on Thursday morning to produce a bunch of projects. It's all drawing that's good. It's all perspective stuff and that's bad but certainly forcing me to learn and push me outside my comfort zone as far as what I have been doing in the area of drawing. I don't know if I'm going to ever acquiesce to these “rules” of drawing but I'll certainly no sort of how to do it. Again, I'm trying to not blame my disability that sure is easy when working with the size of this clipboard and my inability to be “exact”. I think the instructor sort of knows this as well is that I'm auditing the class and gives me a bit of a wide pathway (is that the right metaphor?). I must admit however I'm feeling confused and lost in the process of how to go about some of these drawings exercises.

As I sat in class today next to this young person who is really going at the work assignment. She was used equipment that I didn't have that I thought that I could either fake or get by without. Especially the long T square. She also used an artist straight edge. I don't know if those will help me but I sure felt a need for something longer than my reach to help me draw the lines for this exercise in perspective drawing. To that end I ended up going to the book store again and getting along T-square and a couple the straight edges that should help me with this homework assignment. I just hope I'll be able to get it done are good portion of it done before class on Thursday. I need to stop taking this so seriously step back and enjoy the learning which I'm doing. I put all these pieces of equipment my portfolio rushed home and dropped the portfolio off than headed for the Office Depot where the tablet was kind of hoping it'd been sold but still wishing to purchase. I was pleased when I got to the Depo and realized they still had the Samsung Tab A at the reduction in price, a floor model, for $199 plus a $40 warranty that theoretically will replace the machine if I were to break it. Now I'm wondering if any of the machines I've gotten did I get that warranty. I just wear myself out.

Now, to add to the stress. This morning actually yesterday morning Monday morning I contacted my sales rep again to find out when they're coming to get my chair to do the renovation. I knew a sometime fairly soon but I got a message on my cell phone today after coming home from Brian indicating that there are to pick up my chair tonight!! I quickly checked the back of chair I have 65% power on it which should get me through the night. So tomorrow I have nothing committed I just have to get by in the back of chair for a day. I hope hope hope that tomorrow night my chair gets back. I hope my butt can take it. Luckily tomorrow Joe will be here for home healthcare we should get myself squared away in the back of chair. I plan to spend the day working on my art project a couple hours at least with my new equipment now hope I'll be able to do that with the back of chair. I don't see why I cannot scan be fun right? Keep telling myself fun fun fun…

No comments: