Sunday, June 16, 2019

Go Daddy-o Go

Donor Dad


I really have mixed feelings this Father's Day almost bordering on confusion. As my dedicated readers know last summer with the help of my daughter we tripped into my actual birth family! It's not like my world turned upside down or roses and unicorns prancing around with rainbows everywhere and sugarplum bouquets. It wasn't like that at all. Through the magic of science, DNA, Internet and Facebook one day I was adopted orphan next day I'm an adopted orphan with a found birth family.

Every corner of this cube has been astounding. One of the most astounding cubicle corners has been what I thought was totally impossible that is a perfect knowledge of my birth father. Over the years, not that I really put a lot of thought into this whole concept, I have thought of numerous possibilities of what a father would be like – – not that it mattered because the dad I got was great – – but still you wonder and you thought you'd never ever be able to track something like that down but volia there it is everything out the open. Not only did I find my birth mother but my birth father it seems they were always together except when mom would get pregnant being knocked up by my dad and should go off deliver the child and then give it away multiple times! Seriously this is a made-for-TV movie still wrapping my head around it. It seems that the good old dad kind of forced her into this weird behavior. It seems he kept one or two of us(myself not included). So I guess… I really don't know what to think but I'm hard-pressed to really want to celebrate him more than just being a a sperm donor.

I was kind of intrigued to hear some of my brothers and sisters Father's Day acknowledgments. I have two admit it's kind of weird to express a number of qualifiers to someone's behavior then say that you miss him profoundly in almost the same sentence. More than one of the siblings expressed such feelings. I don't know maybe it's the Stockholm syndrome or something akin to it (excuse the pun). I really only spoke to two of my brothers one of which was the “the keeper” the firstborn, and the other is a little bit younger than me, retired detective out of Colorado is a pretty good guy. Our lives have a lot of similarities except for I was adopted to a Mormon family and he was adopted into a Roman Catholic. He considers his adopted family is “real family” just as I do mine. I have not quizzed him regarding good old dad maybe we'll get around to that someday. Resort are still in the honeymoon phase of our relationship. Will be in pretty civilized. I think I'm pretty safe and writing these thoughts and feelings in this blog since nobody really reads it. And even if perhaps the only one who might take offense I don't know my older brother Antonio (the keeper) I'm sorry but I just sort of had to throw some of these feelings out since it is Father's Day. There's still not been any definitive plans about some sort of a family get-together sometime. I think I would like that to meet these people these siblings, we probably could've woven together a hell of a family at least a couple baseball teams if nothing else.…

No comments: