Wednesday, June 12, 2019

Moto-Mouse



Nervously I zoomed into the Best Buy where I was at yesterday when I tried to purchase a cell phone to take the place of my cell with the destroyed Sim card. Actually when I got home last night I can make calls out which I thought was interesting sense I saw the technician pull out the “destroyed” Sim card that supposedly allowed me to go cellular. Still however I cannot link up to the Internet nor could I received phone calls in a couple of tests that Iran also I found out that people had tried to contact me yesterday before only to go immediately to my voicemail. I still had to go through the pain of purchasing the new cell phone.

Fortunately I kept all the paperwork i.e. sales slips from both the purchase of the return of the cell phone in question. I felt a little bit uncomfortable as I rolled into the Best Buy said hi to couple of the floor people than wandered over to the cell phone section. I waited there for a minute knowing that sooner or later one of the vultures would swoop from its perch on test the new “meat” to see how done I was. That's what Alex looked up in our eyes met. I said acquire prayer “forgive me Alex for what I'm about to do to you” and rolled forward. Of course Alex is young and full of enthusiasm and he just knows he's going to change the world he asks me how we can help me. I peered at him as if Ira Steven King character of the worst type and said “yes, you may but I will probably put you off the rest of the day”. They must've had an extremely exciting sales meeting that morning but he was just smiling and ready to go. I glossed over what I needed essentially to buy a new cell phone because the one I had no longer functioned properly. Of course Alex immediately grabbed my phone tore into cell phone and came away perplexed. I handed him the sales receipts and explained what it happened with time running out in the technician not been able to find the four digit pin number needed to make the transfer. That was just the beginning. We wandered back and forth from the old phone by could still access some of my stored notes and memos particularly of value being my list of passwords to various pieces of real estate I own on or in the Internet world. I daresay two hours passed in our attack on my cell phone account, much of that time spent on the phone with various technicians from Verizon, Motorola and various pieces of software that might just have information on my password history. To Alex's credit he finally broke through the code and was able to port my “stuff” from the old cell phone to the new. I was impressed with Alex's commitment to the solution of my problem. Once or twice I tried to wander away called back immediately however I did make it to the bathroom at one point came back and commenced to begin nodding off as I sat there watching detective Alex find a solution of the cell phone who fought to live…

No comments: