Sunday, June 30, 2019

So long June



I've been kind a harping this, not in the blog per se, I mean in my regular life. I'm really working at not trying to sound like the senior that I am (notice that I did not insert the qualifier “I am becoming”) because I'm there! I don't know if it was the cold and wet early June or the fact that I've been fairly busy with this intro to drawing class I seem to be so involved in whatever the cause inexplicably tomorrow is 1 July! I lost month of summer! We had a few 90° days and in honesty very few days in June are like 90° are more sort probably on track just seems that the month evaporated. Poof and June was gone. And so tomorrow begins the holiday week. I miss one class meeting because the fourth falls on Thursday and fortunately I've been able to reschedule my home care person to come on Monday Wednesdays and Fridays as was the old schedule. She's great, a little slow, I think this will pass as she acclimate's to me and I acclimate to her. The best part is that she works all night watching an old person, probably even older than me, then come straight over the do me and about 5:30 AM! This is great. I'm getting all the stuff out of the way by 7 AM.

So, summer technically is a fourth over if one counts September as officially being part of summer at least until the 21st. A third if you count the end of August as the end of summer with Labor Day and the world turning itself into the colder months of the year again. I need to consider if I want to take a class this coming fall. I'm totally enjoyed, mostly, my experience with my Intro Drawing class. It certainly has taking over as far as time consumption goes. I kind of have to keep reminding myself to keep the pressure off does are is no pressure the doesn't matter if I pass or fail but I do want to pass. I want to pass the course I want to feel what I'm right there with the other students producing artwork. My work is not like there's they have good hands, patients and youth. The attack each assignment actually put together a pretty good item to turn in. I on the other hand find each session a challenge and am embarrassed at the brute marks I make on the paper. Fortunately for me everybody who knows what I'm doing is encouraged me in my efforts. I know for the most part they're just encouraging the old man but still just like the publications I have at Art Access it makes me feel like I've really produced some art and that I am an art person. I love the solution I love my little workstation as pathetic as it tends to be. I love my pencils my sharpeners in my tablets, many tablets and the markings and the drawings and the pieces of “art” I've produced. I'm still quite fond of my donkeys and the apocalypse project I just hope I don't lose my edge with the introduction of true art skills. This weekend I'm working on mazes as I discussed earlier. I actually spent a couple hours on the project I'm nowhere near what I need to be what I'm going to finish what I can drag the rest in the class and hopefully the instructor can give me some more guidance. I know that my maze will not look nearly as great as the other students but that's okay I can live with that it's just another project done and out of the way. We next are going to work on faces are portraits which I'm quite interested in doing better than I'm doing now, I think we shall see. Regardless, I'm going to read the text do the assignments see how I can use those are all the tablets that I've accrued…

No comments: