Wednesday, June 26, 2019

Technology Bleccc






It's hard to say where this blog or posting needs to go whether it fits well in this blog are the small blog I've created about by drawing class events, activities our experiences. Either way I'm writing and that's all it matters. Ever since last week I've been slaving over a piece where we brought in three objects that are cause I related to each other and we had to draw them in the project was due today by midnight are whenever before class tomorrow. I think part of the lesson was not only submitting the work but submitting the work through E-portfolio, a piece of software I guess attached to my Salt Lake community college student account. If it works, and I'm sure that it does, it's pretty cool giving the student a chance to post work in the E portfolio that been the instructor can grade. The process is really frustrating though. It's hard enough setting up the account, canvas account which I did it took a bit of time and a trip to the basement of the library for the tech heads hang out that run canvas and other pieces of software that students use. Truly I had not really paid much attention to my online presence aside from just trying to get myself into a class. I was kind of shocked when I finally got into my account and realized the instructor had been posting all kinds stuff that I had no idea was going on. There are a number of ongoing assignments that I guess we should be working on all kinds of dry and projects which I think we do as we get close to the end of the semester summer semester. That's just one part of this posting. What I really wanted to post about was the fact that reality is finally caught up with a nightmare I used to have when I was in college.

I had this dream two or three times a semester that it was the last week or so of class and I realized I had classes I had never attended for one reason or another. I sort of forgot that I had taken these courses and all of a sudden I had the impending doom that the testis the next day and I'm not ready. Luckily I would wake and be so glad that it was only a dream. Now however reality is taken it sick turn and that's exactly where I'm at. All these assignments that I should be working on but I haven't. There's been no discussion in class nor have I heard the other students in class talking about these other assignments. In class on Tuesday the instructor indicated that we had to upload our sketches onto the account that I discussed earlier. I of course tried to do that Tuesday evening and could not figure it out. Today I actually took time out and went to the college to the basement of the tech center and worked with their support and we think we at least got the image posted but I didn't write the comments that are supposed to accompany the up -lift. Hopefully, that will do now get some sort of partial credit. And again, bottom line it doesn't matter I'm auditing this class! But it just feels what I need to be doing and I want to know how to do it just because all the other kids are doing it…

1 comment:

Kelly Bowles said...

Interesting.. Even in adulthood I often have a very similar dream about my lack of knowing where I should be or what I should have done when it comes to classwork.
What did Boise State do to us?
I attribute my nocturnal anxiety to my not taking my education seriously which has come back to bite me often.
Have considered taking some classes now that I have time and money. After reading your blog and talking to other adults who have ventured down that road... I may reconsider.
Kelly