Tuesday, June 25, 2019

From A Distance…


I could've placed money on what happened today. Even with all my planning as far as contacting home health yesterday afternoon, just before the closing time, and once again wanting to get some kind of assurance that 1. I was covered for services this morning and 2. My personal becoming it 5:45 AM as we talked about. Just in the side note, I was thinking this was really early however the more I thought about the more I realize that 545 is almost 6 AM to 6 AM was just two hours away from my deadline that I had to be a class at 8 AM. I figured I had enough time built into this equation. But like I was leading into with the intro, even though they totally assured me every thing was covered, yesterday afternoon know what he showed up at 545 I started getting concerned at 6:15 AM and I called the office who in turn began the process began contacting Annette. As the clock rounded to 6:30 AM then to 6:45 AM I begin to realize that soon it would be 7 AM with just an hour before class time.

Annette showed up about 6:55 AM however I was not angry and not even stressed really and I was quite surprised at that. It would be no big deal if I was late getting to class or if I didn't even show up at all. It doesn't matter, I a.m. auditing. Still it's not good for but I just want to get through the morning with this person and see how well this team up is going to work. I had worked with Annette before, I just barely remember our interaction but it wasn't bad and it was doable. I was nice and Annette appreciated that and worked as hard as she could. I was kind surprised that we finished up around 10 minutes to 8 AM. I grabbed a banana for sustenance and tore out of the apartment with my backpack and my portfolio balanced on my feet I made good time getting to class about 10 minutes late.

I was not the only one late however which is kind of reassuring. The instructor, Brendan, is doing his usual Tuesday morning thing this week's question was what was the favorite movie over the weekend and how much drawing were we able to do. The task for the day was to work on the project we worked on Thursday. Brendan is also found a video for us to watch on “line weight” a concept that I'm finding pretty interesting. Produce more studying this area. But it was cool because he hooked up is laptop to the overhead projector and it was like have enough film in school. Nothing I love better than the surprise of a film during class. Somehow was kind of a reprieve. Usually the films were in history or science they were usually all right usually a little hokey but certainly ate up class time. The film is like a mini vacation. Today, the film was the YouTube presentation as I've indicated which ran in the background as we were supposed to be working on our projects. I enjoyed the film which surprised me I really enjoyed learning from the film which really made the whole class worthwhile this morning. I had to do some major rework on my project and is not very good but it's good enough for what I needed for. And really from a distance, the work doesn't look too bad, no. Not bad at all.


No comments: