Monday, November 09, 2020

Burn Maybe Burn

 



Unbelievable! I cannot believe it. I'm so stupid! Yesterday all I was draining my bladder is not paying attention the top of the catheter. I drained into this bag which works quite effectively if one pays attention. I don't know if it was for the lack of sleep or spasticity are both not certain but for a few seconds I did not pay attention and the catheter came out of the receptacle and drain all over my shorts and onto the floor in the bathroom. I mean, I even heard the water hitting the floor and didn't focus. Because I was already dressed in a didn't want to have to go through the hassle of getting undressed and have the dress again I thought I would fire up my trustee hair dryer and dry the shorts as I wore them. I've done this 1000 times it seems like they've never had an issue. But maybe the thousand and one time is the bad luck number of was for me. At the same time, at exactly the same time after I'd dump the urine into the toilet and I was washing the bag out I usually just rinse with water but since I had a little bit of Clorox in a spray bottle that wouldn't work but thought I'd use the rest of the Clorox sanitize my urine bag. Again I don't know if I was not paying attention or what but the bottle sloshed over the side of the bag and all over me. Either one of these instances could very well of cost of burn on the side of my way. I didn't really notice this too much as I went to bed last night excited to get to bed before 11 P.m. There was this morning when I woke that felt uncomfortable. As I got out of bed I had some discomfort on my side object thought was the result of line on some bunched up sheet that I have in the bed. As I got up however straight myself in the chair to touch the side away discomfort unfounded a bit painful and moist. I just thought I'd been sweating when I finally looked at it I was shocked astounded to see that there was a huge wound on the side of my leg or hip. The only thing I can perceive is that I did this while trying to dry my shorts yesterday.


I don't think anything freaks me out more than wounds, flesh wounds. I tried not to panic. After all just to burn we can fix that we can work with that. I wish Annette was still here is my home health person she would know what to do she's great but she's gone. I try to take images of the wound but they don't come out well of all the following only shows up. I shower and convince Melanie to put up dressing on my wound. Thanks to Dianne I have a time of wound supplies. We found some Vasolex. There was a large full to not sure what it does but we found to pads a small pad that Melanie but the dressing room of Vasolex on the larger pad on top of it and fixed it to the side of my leg hopefully that will help. After I got finished dressing and feeling sorry for myself I got in gear and called my physician and got answering machine. I left a message they got back with me in the docs go to call me tomorrow for a tele-visit. Hopefully, he will see what great care of taking care of myself and leave me to it. This of course means that I will have to remove my dressing in order to show the Doc when he calls. I have my neighbor next-door Billie assist me with whatever might need to be done.


I really am trying not to be discouraged, this is just a bump in the road. These could be so much worse and they have been for my buddies out there. This is a burn not a pressure sore but I sure as hell don't want to turn to a pressure sore. It's only Monday and snows called for two more days the of week maybe three I can do this…

No comments: