Monday, November 16, 2020

Whistling

 


I'm almost getting creeped out. Not yet but kind getting close. Of course is pathetic that my life , right now, is revolving around mysterious disappearance of multiple cans of corn beef. And the mysterious light. It's Monday morning which means toilet shower whenever my home health person gets here she's usually within 20 minutes of the window and again I have no problem with that, it not like I'm going anywhere. My person Melanie has been working on my pantry the past couple of days. I think the general chaos of the cans has been freaking her out so, she is taken on herself to organize, and I'm impressed. Melanie is doing a great job. Soups of one level, fruits on another level, vegetables and so on. The the cans of meat are are in a totally different area, a cupboard by the range. This is where I thought the corned beef was and I thoroughly searched it as best I could this weekend. But anyway Melanie is doing a great job.


I was hoping that when I asked her about the missing two cans of corn beef she would do something like, “oh yeah, there over here” but that was not to be. When I first brought up the idea of corned beef she made a face the same face I would've made had someone asked me if I would like to have a helping of liver and onions (one of my least favorite meals on earth). And once she had be settled on the toilet she went into the kitchen swept the floor and began searching for the corned beef. When it was time for my shower Melanie reported she did not find anything. I just felt like scratching my head and wondering where those cans could be because I know evening for these two cans of corned beef came up missing there were two other cans which I thought I had put it in the pantry late last summer and were not ready are available when I went to make my favorite dish. As I indicated earlier my pantry is a bit chaotic and I was thinking that the cans had just fallen somewhere within the floor area for good quantity of other cans mingle. I'm still kind of hoping there down there and we will dig them out sometime next week or the end of this week. It's kind become a priority but having said that I went to the market this afternoon anyway in my sole purpose was to pick up one count corned beef which I did. I of course got $28 other stuff as well. And everything was okay I didn't think about anything really until around 5 o'clock or 530 when it was time to begin my news sequence. At five I watchthe local news and then at 5:30 PM I watch the national news and make dinner usually. Were getting into the dark time now so it gets dark pretty quick around 5 PM. All of a sudden I realized it was pretty light still and I thought maybe I turned the gooseneck lamp I keep next to me on my computer table but it was off and then I realize the overhead light, the living room light was on! I rarely if ever turn this light on myself. I can do it but it's not easy and most often not I have to use a stick or something to flip the switch. I'd like to say it's a design flaw in the apartment but most people I think it works just fine but for me in a wheelchair it's difficult I have a pretty significant shelf in front. So when I turn the lamp on I know the lamp is on or the light. Bottom line, I did not turn the light on. Now there's maybe a possibility that Melanie turned it on this morning when she when she swept the floors and maybe she turned the light on then if she did I did not notice. And as I write this, I'm feeling more and more comfortable with the idea that yes that's what she did she flipped on the light district the floors and because of the sunshine outside today I just never noticed until darkness at 5 PM. Yes, that's it somehow I think I'm whistling in the dark…

No comments: