Wednesday, November 04, 2020

THE DAY AFTER AND BUDDY CAN YOU SPARE A GLOVE?

. It's Wednesday the day after Election Day and true to form there is then no winner declared and a bunch of Babel about taking things to the Supreme Court, being patient and counting copious mountains were election ballots. This thing isn't going to be settled I'll bet your before the first of the year unless something significant happens. No surprise, like I said, just ongoing. The past couple of days I've been trying to chase down vinyl gloves, you know plastic close kind defined in doctor's offices or any kind medical facility. I use a fair number of gloves over a years time. I try to keep two or three boxes here at the apartment but sometimes things just get out of hand. My home health workers use them for a number of purposes. And actually they are supposed to supply their own plastic gloves but invariably the user run out, misplace their gloves or in some cases I feel don't use them at all. Before when I lived at the house with Dianne, Dianne always kept a healthy supply of gloves. Dianne was great that way she always had backup. Now that I'm living on my own however I need to be as conscientious. I actually thought I had another box stashed away somewhere but I was wrong last week as we use the last of the gloves that I had in the bottom drawer in the bathroom vanity. So Saturday and Sunday I went to the local market, then to Walmart looking for disposable gloves and was quite surprised that is all but disappeared I suppose like bleach our Clorox spray they're all being zipped up by people trying to be proactive and the virus. I keep telling myself as I roll away from each marketplace that I just have to go to the Internet and orders something from Amazon or eBay or wherever comes up when I do the search and there's lots of outlets it looks like. I just have to drop the hammer in order. But you think about just pick one up at Walmart or wherever but obviously that's not going to happen. As I wandered around Walmart yesterday I kept prodding the staff to see what they had been one of the more ingenious workers came up with a box of 10 and then found another box of 50 somewhere back in the back. The box of 50 had been opened so they actually gave me a 10% discount for “Open product”. This is a sign. Now I just have to order because all have enough product to last for exit quite a while at least a month so now I know I have the time I just have to make the move in order. It's okay, like I said the healthcare providers are supposed to equip their people with such devices, or at least the healthcare workers supply their own pieces of equipment like gloves. I don't mind to get in a few bucks for two 300 gloves over the time of the year. The keeps the workers happy that's all the better for me and whether that's selfish on my part are just Machiavellian it works. This morning Melanie was going on and on about how she didn't get any gas mileage for running around as much as she does to work with her clients. These guys have no union or no fair labor besides what's just out there and they really are getting beat up quite a bit. I can't say much as I'm part of the problem one to find the best support for the least amount of money. But I'm willing to pay a little more for long-term dependable and good service. I'm still kind of banking for Annette to be here on Saturday for my regular housekeeping. I'm paying her five dollars more than what she gets regularly because her service means that much to me. But now she's got another job, a real job so I expect soon I'll be looking for another housekeeper at least I'll have vinyl gloves…

No comments: