Tuesday, November 10, 2020

Burn Resolution

 



I actually slept through the night getting almost 8 hours of sleep which is very uncommon. I hardly ever get that much sleep and this was on top of the wound that was actually sleeping on because of the way that I do sleep. I was excited though not only from the amount of sleep but the fact that I was going to have the tele-visit from IHC physician. I was a bit skeptical but I was going through with the process. I visited with my neighbor Billie last night and she was willing to come over and help with the tele-visit and dressing the wound afterwards. This is a new step in our relationship but something she felt pretty secure with and I had no problem with her seeing me nake – – you all know me. However when it came time for the actual visit I couldn't rouse her she was asleep she had a bit of a difficult might.


At 8:45 AM I get the call my doctor's office. Of course for that point time I'd forgotten all about the upcoming tele-visit or at least not realizing it was the 8:45 AM already. So then I began a mad scramble. The of course sent on the phone a medical student to gather the information not trying to put together a visual package that nothing really seem to work. As really hoping that Billie would be around to actually not only take off the old dressing but to actually do some of the photography work of holding the camera. So, she got the information, the medical student, she wanted and I sent over a couple of the images I've taken earlier. She told me that she was going to have the.call me in a few minutes which ends up being about 45 and of course when the call came I was not able to get to the phone and time and I missed the call which threw me back in the queue. In the Meantime Billie had come over and were working on how we were going to do the project. Long story short we finally got the call around 1145! And it was pretty straightforward. The doc seen the images and had indicated That she did not think the wound was as bad as at first perceived. The interesting part in the good part was that she indicated that she would prescribe home health nurse Would come around three days a week change the wound dressing make sure everything was come along fine. A pretty sure I'm going to be able to heal pretty fast and with the help of the home health nurse do even better.


Following the tele-visit Billie and I agree our way to put together addressing as per instructions from the physician. That was cool and Billie did a great job of applying the dressing. Now I just have to figure out a way to keep it from getting wet in tomorrow shower I may just have to do like spit shower I don't know will have to see…. Billie and I spent a lot of time together today on this project and I sure appreciated. I'm going to have to figure figure out something to do for her that's for sure.


Not long after Billie left Dianne called and we spent an hour or so discussing the situation in art and everything else. Truly great to have communication going again hopefully will good long while we seem to work pretty well together. I wish we hadn't broken up. They were good together. I hope she gets the job she really needs the money she says I should try to will have to see if she gets a job and how easy it was just what a social tracker does. Until then I plan to enjoy my bandaged status and the home health nurse if and when she comes. I did call IHC wheelchair shop tonight spoke with Cameron about how quickly my battery seem to be depleting. He says I need to start working on putting together a request for a new wheelchair. That means a call to my doc for another tele-visit

No comments: