Friday, November 06, 2020

Mustang 2+2









I think it was 1968. Had to be that year I was just about two years out of rehab living back at the house of course trying to get my life squared away as a kid with a disability. A couple weeks ago I was at the market and when I was checking out there is a little been by the cash register full of matchbox cars. In that been was a cute little Mustang 2+2 complete with racing stripe. On impulse I purchased the little vehicle for like six bucks. I'm intending to send this to my brother who owned a 2+2 around 1968 the could have been 1969 now that I think about it. I remember is Christmas and my brother was home on leave from his first tour of Vietnam. Is all expense paid trip to Southeast Asia courtesy of Richard M. Nixon and the Idaho court system. That all is a story and blog entry and love itself that one day I will write but not today. Actually, if you're a single and a US Marine pulling in big bonuses when you re-up for a tour in the war zone Jackson pulled down relatively decent money. I don't know for sure I should ask my brother that was the funding he used to purchase the orange 2+2 Ford Shelby Mustang. I don't know if this is the correct nomenclature I'm not that much of a car geek all I know is that I loved cruising boy see, riding shotgun in this vehicle and my brother was good enough to let me do so. True I was quadriplegic but I was a young quadriplegic and fortunately my quadriplegia is not complete. Unlike my friends who went to rehab with I was truly blessed. At least it seems that way to me now. I was still fairly involved in need a lot of assistance on the basics of dressing bathing and toileting but once up and dressed in my chair I was fairly independent and those really my brains out all over southeast Boise. My parents must've truly thought that weird to have a vehicle like that parked in front of our home on our little farm. It was certainly a typical. But I guess they figured my brother put his life on the line to do whatever he wanted with whatever money he brought home. It was really quite A process to get me in the vehicle. Well, not really even then all I had to do was parallel to the seat and then transfer over in my case of like fall sideways into the seat, luckily the seat was lower gravity did a lot of the work. Getting back in the chair was another trip entirely but my brother was strong me pretty much talked me into the chair. I don't really remember getting out just driving around after dark going to what was kind of my girlfriends place at the time and grabbing her and going up to the dam and back. It was a damn good ride. I think Steve McQueen's “Bullitt “ the came out sometime Sometime during that period which made my Mustang experience even more important. And of course Mustang Sally my case it was Mustang Cindy and a great holiday experience that was…

No comments: