Tuesday, November 24, 2020

Cooking

 



I'm doing it! I just put in the green bean casserole for Thanksgiving dinner, my Thanksgiving dinner! This is the new plan remember rather than try do everything on Thanksgiving day, for my Thanksgiving dinner, I'm going to make it in increments one step at a time. I mean after all if I try to do it on Thanksgiving day I end up having nothing but a cold meal anyway so everything is already made, days before hand, all I have to do is dish up the dinner the microwave and voilà Thanksgiving dinner hot insane and not exhausted from running hither and thither to and fro in the kitchen I go all day. Tomorrow I'm going to put together the dressing and maybe cook the breast and possibly the leg too but but I'm thinking the lake that I got is already cooked.


This morning is all hyper ready to head out and spend my $25 Smith's gift card. I made sure my chair was double charged as much as it ever gets charged anymore. The last thing I wanted to do was run out of battery somewhere out on the the system. Actually now I remember I got up extra early because I had a podiatry appointment to get my toes done down on Redwood Road. The big Smith's that I want to go to is just a block away from my Podiatrist so I figured great! I would just swing over to the Smiths and do my shopping. I was deathly afraid that I'll run out of power just the same but at 8:30 AM I was at I was at my podiatrist action was finished my appointment was at 8:30 AM but he took me at 8 AM I first showed up and then I was on my way. I got the store manager to get me a box to use for my basket. I figure they had a bunch the back the turkeys came in and I was right. I really want to make sure I got some dark meat and I was even considering having the butcher cut the turkey and half. I figured what the hell that makes sense. Well I went back to the meat section found the butcher or that meat section manager and said would you are could Cut a turkey and half? Of course he said sure and I was ready to go to town and then it dawned on me. He would cut the turkey and half but I'll still can I buy the whole turkey that was my whole point I don't need a whole turkey! I asked if I could get away of mine have to turkey we looked at me like I had three heads and I figured that was it so I declined the Solomon cut. He said they didn't have any thing that I needed like that. I still a little discouraged but not too bad so I started looking for other options that happen to zip past the frozen section and there was a whole big hind quarter of a turkey. Granted it was frozen but that's okay I halfway expected that and then it was a smoked leg. I guess that's okay and actually I think I'm not sure but I think the whole thing is already cooked. Since this meals just for me I wouldn't mind a little smoked turkey. So I'll cook the breast along with the leg and I'll be set. I got a few other things at the market it didn't take long to spend the $25. Celery, green onion, three bottles of orange juice, when Jimmy Dean sausage roll in order to other things. Actually, I tried to sneak into cans of corn beef but that put the price over $25 I gave up the corned beef.


I'm on my way, I started the dinner. Now I just got a figure no one make a pie or do I want to just go out and buy a pumpkin pie? A pie is a pie so maybe I'll just buy one. Kind of get excited for Thanksgiving…

No comments: