Wednesday, November 18, 2020

Order

 



With nowhere to go and really nothing to do these days of Covid 19 isolation begin to wear on a boys there's nerves. I have not heard this phrase yet and I doubt I'm smart enough to coin a phrase that I would call it isolation fatigue. Today the temperatures was in the upper 60s! It's a record according to our weatherman at 5 PM. I didn't get out in the weather at all there was no reason to. I have to admit however I'm not feeling bad per se though I do feel a little guilty at times thinking I should be doing more. I even think of so my friends I see on their Facebook out doing stuff having fun and enjoying their lives to the max. We've always been risktakers, that's probably how they got their disability but still the other younger than me by a few years there up there in years in their prime targets. Anyway not a big deal. It's just a funny feeling sometimes.


I know I've talked a lot about the differences between one healthcare giver and the next. I'm getting to that point where I can say I've had a bunch and I think I can discern some which are better than others, at least for me. I don't necessarily try to get these individuals to speak ill of their other workers but it seems to come out anyway. My current worker, Melanie, is older and looks like she's been through a number of significant challenges in her life. It's she impresses me and I enjoy her care. She has spoken disparagingly about to my previous caregiver's both of whom I really like but Melanie's fairly correct in her observations. I don't necessarily confront her nor do I stick up for the previous caregivers I mean after all I still feel that kind of abandoned me. But they did good work especially the last who, I thought, do a lot of above and beyond type work while I was on the toilet. She also worked as my weekend housekeeper. She did a lot of work that my Melanie does not believe she was capable of. And Annette did things like washing the floors and making the beds, putting lotion on my legs and dressing me which are things Melanie has done only when pressed and you can tell she is the things she needs to do. And always, that's cool, I appreciate what Melanie does do like sweeping the floors and putting order to my pantry.


This morning as I sat on the throne heard all banners of promotion coming out of the kitchen area of the apartment. Melanie was hard at work arranging the pantry into various sections. I may have written about this before and if so forgive me but I'm so impressed with the structure and clarity she brought to the chaos of my pantry. Now, I know where things go and now that I have a plan to follow I can make sure I put the cans where they belong where I can use them when I need them and I can see what I've got at a glance. I'm kind of excited. I just received my case is spam and I have a case of the of the sausage coming soon. I imagine they'll go into the meat section. Now, I just have to develop a plan to start using all these canned goods. I have to admit this is not where I wanted this posting to go. I kind of thought is going to talk about food storage and Melanie's efforts but I think it's okay the way this…

No comments: