Saturday, November 28, 2020

Christmas Card Time

 



My niece and her husband get the award this year for first Christmas card received. Today,when I opened my mailbox I can't say that surprised to have received a Christmas card. The card may have even if come yesterday since I'm no longer checking my mail every day seems useless. So now, I checked the mail when I feel motivated to go all the way up to the front of the building. And now that we have active Covid cases that just assume self quarantine is much as possible even if I don't have to.


It's that time of the season. I've got a grab one of my sticks the hook and pulled on my red bag of Christmas cards. I've had the same three or four boxes of cards for at least 20 years and I'm sure my family is doing somewhat tired if not vexed that receiving one of the three cards I keep sending out. I'm amazed at how many cards as in each box. I suppose most people throw the boxed cards somewhere in a closet or drawer or covered when done with the yearly cards. They don't use those again until the next year and quite frankly a bit most folks never use the same cards opting to buy a fresh box after the first the year when they are dirt cheap. Unless you're my sister, Linda, who actually makes the most brilliant cards. She sent me one for Thanksgiving is just amazing and I'm looking forward to what the Christmas card will be. That's true she actually makes these cards and to be honest it really does make a difference. But me, Mr. cheapo, I just need to get the cards out. I'm not sure for me to go to send cards to everybody that I used to little know if it makes that much difference. After this last election somewhat alienated (I feel from certain members of the family). I'm not sure what to write to folks that support somebody with ideals/principles? They are not similar to mine. And I know their family I just don't I just don't know if I want to send them a card this year. The jury's definitely out


I have a file on my computer system that I have my families addresses on that I usually pull out once a year when I write my cards. The cards are basic little more than the date in the sign name “Mark”. No family picture, no images of grandkids and rarely do I really put in much of the inscription anymore. I doubt the cards would be read anyway. Had this been a normal year when my power chair much more dependable I probably would've gone out and scored Christmas stamps at the post office. I would've gone all the way down to the post office downtown by my old office. I just afraid I would not have the battery power to go there and back again. Who knows maybe Monday I'll be back in the spirit and take the risk.


I don't know how I got them but a couple weeks ago I ran across three coupons for an Arctic circle lunch. One burger, one french fry and one milkshake coupons had to be used by November 30 or the last day of the month. I figured that who knows what the rest of the month will bring the I don't act on my motivation right now today I might kiss this free lunch to buy. The lunch still cost me 250 because I didn't want their french fries I opted for tater tots which I guess were not covered by the free coupon french fries. That was my big event for the weekend already am feeling festive…

No comments: