Thursday, November 12, 2020

Finally… Possible that movement on New Chair

 



I'm not necessarily exasperated. It's much too early in the process to be experiencing that kind of frustration as far as having to deal with my wheelchair shop. Going back a couple of months maybe even a year because it was last time I was able to actually access my wheelchair shop so I had to be before the Covid moved in and I remember the days be informed. Trying to be proactive in trying to get my power wheelchair next power wheelchair ordered as quickly as possible to least amount of problems. I was however shut down pretty quickly by my durable medical provider indicated that I still had to wait a while longer. I got every impression that they would contact me when it was time but then the Covid happened and everything seems to changed or at least everybody who was need to be responsible is a great excuse to hide behind as far as providing services in a timely manner. My being passive aggressive? Anyway, my regular chair my power chair now begin little funny. I don't think there's necessarily anything wrong with the equipment per se and I'm hoping it's just a battery thing but now I can barely go 3 miles on a full charge. I really never thought I'd got good mileage before maybe maxing out at 8 miles on a charge which is a bad. I do a lot of damage and 8 miles and feel comfortable about getting back home. Now however if I charge my chair and get a good full charge and not go anywhere at all to speak of a may only put on 9/10 of a mile the whole day just hang around my apartment. I would think I would be safe not charging my chair that night but the next day, if I do not charge my chair overnight, after going just less than a mile a battery indicator six to halfway in just a few more tenths of miles gets into the yellow caution light and soon to the red warning zone. Like I said I hope it's a battery thing.


So now in frustration I contact IHC wheelchair shop (I know the drill now there's no way in the to be able speak to a technician so I have to go through Cameron the front desk guy which a don't have a lot of faith in but Cameron Is the nice enough). In the middle of the call explaining to Cameron He suddenly asked me why I'm not a have not started the process of getting the new chair. Rather than try to fight with him about how he was going to contact me when it was time I just said well what do I have to do?. So now I have to have another physicians appointment and it sounds like Medicare will allow me to do a Tele-visit. They have to do this I just can't contact my physician and then he or she write me a prescription. I wish I'd known this active got it done earlier in the week when I saw my DOC for the burns. So now I have an appointment set up for tomorrow Friday the 13th (I'm just trying not to be superstitious) and I feel that the interview will be just fine. What you said I'm going to be all hope and positive with this experience and hope that I can get a new chair which will be more powerful, have better functions. Still I'm sure if everything goes right it'll be weighing the next spring before I sitting on brand-new chair. Hopefully by the will have come up with the vaccine that's functional, safe and dependable. Anyway doesn't really matter? Right now I have nowhere to go on doing everything tele-/Internet and I seem to be doing fine. Having to charge my chair anytime I'm not using it. Cameron tried to convince me that that was normal. I mean there's all kinds of Internet/YouTube presentations of people going 10 and 20 miles on charge in their chairs it never works for me that way why me?…

No comments: