Sunday, November 01, 2020

Does Anybody No What Time It Is?


 


It's November 1 like the first of each month I do my letters. Interestingly over the evening it was also all hallows Eve and the day that we revert to standard time. It's a little weird because this year we extended the transformation point a bit longer than usual so everything is a little bit different ones really strange to me anyway as I went around and change the clocks was that the ease in which I made the change which means I must be getting somewhat proficient at understanding the different clocks in the house buyers the cheap things I buy from the desert industries for a dollar that light up during the night or figuring out the clock above the oven or the clock on the microwave. Each clock settings a little different and used to drive me crazy. Even the Chronometer on my power chair has to be reset to the actual time. Needless to say I was quite proud of myself for achieving this biannual practice. Therefore I was totally confused when I flipped on the computer this morning to write and it showed that the time was an hour later than anticipated. I have an app for my cell phone which reads the current time when I have the cell plugged in to charge overnight .It really is a nice app I like it a lot but like all technology these days the cell is plugged into the Internet which just automatically push the time back at 2 AM like is supposed to. Not so for my computer my big old desktop.


I must admit I was a bit confused if not addled. Why didn't the computer change the time? I know it has on years past but it sure did last night. Oddly enough I have a DI special sitting on top of the CPU and because it's a bit more difficult to reach I have not yet changed its time. So oddly enough it read the same time as the time in the corner of my computer screen. Both figures were in our head of what was on myCorrected clock on my power chair. I was caught in a flux of not only trusting my memory of going around changing the time on the other clocks. I finally settled ago with my power chair clock and figured that for some reason the master computer at master computer central did not reach in tickle my CPU and set the time back. No problem except having to go into the system settings and do this all manually which quite frankly intimidates the hell out of me. I did it however and I still felt a little uncomfortable. It was just turning 12 noon or should have been so I turned on my television and check the change of television shows with the guide. All the shows that were changing or accurately changing at 1 o'clock to the new offering. So my chair clock was correct. How odd this is to feel unsettled in time and place. Even though I know that I'm right I always have a doubt in my mind about what is the big systems right? Well I went in to the CPU into the “Settings” and it took me a minute to figure out how to switch to manual setting and then actually change the clock back. I have to admit I felt kind of creepy but at least for right now the clock settings are right except now that I'm looking at my clock maturity November 2 not November 1! I have some work to do obviously…

No comments: