Sunday, November 08, 2020

The Dilemma Of Being Social

 



Another Sunday night, gosh how quickly Sunday night comes around. It's not a bad thing the not really it just seems the frequency is increasing and I suppose it's because I'm an old guy. Every day of getting closer that magic number 70 which will be my age the next birthday is coming Groundhog Day. Of course, there is that piece of mythology I'm kind of hanging onto that somewhere along the line my birthday got mixed up and confused with other folks at around the birthing of adoption of myself in fact I'm one year younger than I believe that I might be but even then that would just be living year 69 over again. I can't believe I'm saying this, but crazy as it sounds I am kind of looking forward to this next year and next decade. I still have to admit it's a little spooky. The big news out of the day besides the election results was that Alex Trebek of some television show I believe Jeopardy past this last week. He was 80 years old with stage IV cancer of some sort. He thought the stuff for two years and I surmise that he's a rich guy was able to pull him a great deal of resources that folks like me are not privy to. But that's okay, I've just about convinced myself about had a good run. Sadly, or gratefully, I don't feel that age – – I know I've said this or written this number of times but it's true – – I go to bed every night say my prayer that rise up next morning really most the time excited for whatever the days going to bring I guess, you don't get luckier than that. My wants and desires are minimal enough that I feel okay with word that. Even with the social isolation of the Covid pandemic I'm feeling okay to the point of concern about myself accepting this station in my life. I mean after all I could get really used it not going out of my apartment of all if I had to. I wonder if this is what convicts finally succumb to a life sentences, or long sentences. It's just easier to live the life that you have been to try to expand to a life that you do not have and all the energy, resources one would have to expend to get to that next level of life expansion.


I must warn you my mind is in a weird state right now. I just finished a documentary on Netflix called The Social Dilemma I was visiting with my friend David last evening and he indicated I should see the documentary in fact he suggested last week I should see it. Now I have. It's okay it's kind of spooky one of those documentaries about the problems of social media cell phones, Internet, Facebook, and all the other social platforms and how they are designed by AI and the destruction of the destructive nature of the devices to ourselves. Not new information and stuff I didn't know source interested to see it slick presented. If I had not indicated the David I would watch it I doubt it would help my attention all the way through but I stuck it out to its glossy ending . I'll report back duty done. I don't know how it will change by viewing behavior on the Internet. I'll probably slack my time on the Internet but I know I will go back. Even this morning I was thinking if I didn't live in a smoke-free apartment complex I might be back to smoking. I'm glad I live here. Even at 69 I don't need to be smoking a least in that direction…

No comments: