Monday, November 23, 2020

My Thanks -giving Gift

 



Remember the image from the other day when I was talking about my home health person who also acts as the arranger of my food storage program? She really is a whiz an organization So much so that I'm going to crazy. I never did find the corned beef. I know I had at least two cans. Upon clean and arranging of canned goods they've ever surfaced and I really thought they would. Something I thought was kind of cute. And the food boxes many the people in this apartment complex receive the third week of the month are all kinds of cans of fruit. A lot of the residence here at the complex don't eat these cans of fruit because in the infinite wisdom of those who can items for people who are low income, seniors etc. get canned products with less sugar than the normal population. The same is true for sodium but that's another blog. Anyway, Dianne enjoys the fruit and so I parse out the cans when I get in the food bank or this show up on “the sharing shelf”. I had quite a bag of these out of set of side but they disappeared about home health person straighten the pantry out. I soon realized she had recycled the cans back up to the pantry.


Thanksgiving now was in three days. And as to my commitment I'm going to start putting together my meal starting tomorrow. I wanted to begin with green beans and mushrooms. You know a can of sliced green beans a can of mushroom soup and then French onions are scattered over the top. I know I have at least two cans of French onions but I can't find them. I'm hoping there somewhere in the pantry but for the life of me I cannot put my hands on them just yet. I have time, luckily, tomorrow I have a podiatry appointment at 8:30 AM and my podiatrist is down south on Redwood Road about 30 blocks. There is a giant Smith store not far from the bus stop. Oh, I did not tell you I got a $25 gift certificate today from Utah nonprofit housing Corporation. I'm not sure why but I think it has something to do with my Board of Directors involvement. The manager of the apartments pulled me aside this morning and handed me the envelope. A $25 card first Smith's! I could get a whole turkey with this but that's not the point I don't want to cook a whole turkey I just want some dark meat to go with my breast. I'm excited because I'm going get other things to that I would not have if I had spent my own money like holiday potato chips. Canada dry ginger ale (maybe) and maybe a couple of legs turkey legs or maybe a hind section Dianne seems to think they have such things and I've learned to depend on what Dianne thinks. She knows. Now I'm in a bit of a dilemma however. My home health person is cooking a turkey and does not like the legs are the dark meat and she said that she did bring me over at least one leg. I think I will buy some legs for backup in case she doesn't come through I've learned my lesson with home health folks.


So, somehow I've got a get this bag of canned fruit to Dianne and spend my card at Smith's. I think the card spending is easy transportation of can goods a bit more challenging but can be done. Now I've just got to get my hands on my French onions or the rate of purchase another vanished item from the pantry the mystery continues…

No comments: