Monday, November 02, 2020

Click Click


 


This is a image of my new Northwest gate opener. The number months ago all summer not a think about it Northwest gate has been changed shut because vandals destroyed the gate. Remember, this is an electric gate with pushbutton openers on the inside of the complex and then all residents are furnished a controller. This gate opens directly onto the sidewalk and right next to my busstop on Redwood Road. This will greatly reduce my vexation of having to go out and around in order to get onto the busstop or to head anywhere in this area. I also like this entry exit spot because it allows me some privacy regarding my comings and goings here at the facility. Not that I'm into a lot of or need For such need it's just nice. It turns out at least excuse the provider gave us that the parts for this equipment, computer parts, are produced out of China and of course since we're in major issues with China the parts could not be acquired and there has been significant negotiating in order to get these parts for our date. Well looks like they finally came in and today the gate is functional. Now of course I'm saddled with the next challenge.


I have such a difficult problem holding onto things really is a disability. I don't have the item literally latched onto a part of my immediate person or power chair I'm afraid I'm going to lose it. I've gotten better and forced myself to compartmentalize certain aspects of my life and backpack which I'd I've done fairly well. I was doing very good with these gate openers until the gate was broken. Then I tried to keep all the openers together. I have three have one for the South Eastgate the parking area this is closed after 9 o'clock at night it's mainly a parking area but there are times when I've had to use it to get into or out of the facility without having to go all the way around the front door. The pain in the butt when it doesn't work. Then there's the Northwest gate which I've just spoken of and then there's the Northeast gate which opens up to the parking area in the back of the building where my apartment at. When I moved in I was issued this gate opener because most of the vehicles are parked right here in people use this gate opener exit and come into the building without having to leave their vehicles and it's really good to if you use a power chair. Well over the summer I have either destroyed or lost or misplaced these devices. I found eventually to of the devices one destroyed beyond repair by most of rollover of and the other for the gate outfront. Jennifer the building manager issued be the last of the gate operators for the side gate was what I needed most. Somewhere in my apartment I have another device I don't know where right now I have what I need and perhaps that's all it matters…

No comments: