Friday, August 13, 2021

A Lucky Friday The 13th

 



That's right, it's Friday the 13th but so far I must report that has not been a bad day in fact it's been a great day. I hadn't checked my mail for a couple of days. I started checking every couple of days since election to get is mailers and brochures and come ons but occasionally I get a surprise to what a great surprise I got to be a true life letter! The letters from one of my favorite people one of my granddaughters! Brisa. There's nothing more enduring, I think, the child's struggle to write something in their own hand. Was nothing more honest than a letter written in pencil. I can remember those days of writing my grandparents and been so frustrated because at the end the letter was nothing but a bunch of erasers and rewrites. Honest as it was I don't think the grandparents are all that impressed but I remember sitting down trying. What does seven fully impressed today's letter was a two pager! I find hundred letter as seen in the photo and underneath that letter is another handwritten document the recipe for bread. I'm so impressed I don't know how she knew I have a warm spot for bread in my life. I used to make bread a lot. I love the whole process particularly the kneading process. I love pounding down the dough over and over letting the dough rest then during the process over again for as long as I want. I'm intrigued with the recipe Brisa sent me. It is a recipe for one loaf of bread called for only one and a half cups of flour. As I said I used to make bread every weekend getting up early on a Saturday sometimes grinding my own wheat into flour. For two loaves I always used about 6 cups of flour. I'm intrigued however and I look forward to trying out the weather have cupper and see how it turns out. I'm sure I'll have to fight myself for not added more flour but we'll see what comes.


I thought about going out today it be in Friday and all. But elected just to stay in. I still might run to the market this evening but the really isn't anything I need. I am thinking of getting a can of sloppy Joe mix but really why do that when I couldn't mix it so much better myself? I have everything I need. Green pepper, onion, brown sugar, salt and pepper tomato sauce and of course hamburger. I even picked up a fresh bag of hamburger buns this morning from the sharing shelf. Just a whole bunch of bread came in last night from one of the local markets. So it's kind of silly to pick up a can of sloppy Joe mix just because it's better and I can do it. I don't know if I have enough energy left to mount such a task but maybe just maybe. It's Friday night need I say more? And oh, yes I do feel lucky on this Friday the 13th…

No comments: