Tuesday, August 31, 2021

Role Away From The Table

 


Tomorrow is 1 September and I'm right in the middle of writing and trying to print and mail my monthly kid letters. I'm rather proud of myself for begin this project almost a week earlier than usual. I usually wait until the exact first day of the new month. But I felt like doing something different this month. So with that in mind I was kind of a kind of hoping my weekly assist meeting would be canceled. When I made the call to find out momentarily I thought I was going to be able to miss the meeting because I was informed that the annual Utah Housing Coalition meeting this year the event is in Midway, a quasi-resort community a good distance away from Salt Lake. I could do a whole post on Utah Housing Coalition and how they were taken over by filthy bankers and realtors but that's for another day. The director of Assist, Inc. is actually giving a presentation so the whole office is closed down so staff could attend. Andrea's was my rep from Assist, Inc. and the guy who runs the Tuesday morning group decided not to go citing too much work so there is going to be a meeting and I went even though I should be home drafting letters, printing letters and envelopes to get ready to post tomorrow. Obviously, now I'm not going to have that luxury of sending these documents out on the first. Maybe I can send about 75% out that's better than nothing and bottom-line this is my project anyway.


When I got to Assist this morning it look like the whole office was shut down the door was locked and the lights are off. I thought to myself oh crap he went anyway but then I noticed movement then Andreas opened the door and we had a quiet little meeting. The other person on the advisory board didn't show up either which meant we were able to bullet through all the funding requests. We got a lot done which is kind of rare. We talked a lot, short of gossip regarding the boss of the Agency and a couple of the other members of the team. It was kind of fun and productive. I was totally irresponsible but I had my heart set on having another meal at the Market Street Grill so I made my way over to market Street and actually ordered fish and chips. They're not as good as the product I get from the truck that comes through every couple weeks cost is about the same: expensive. But that's the end of my excursions to MSG. I really have to start eating less.


I slept poorly last night so I'm looking forward to getting some sack time this evening. I may try to address a couple more envelopes but I don't think I'll do anymore letters tonight. My printer has been a real struggle – – remember it was acting up on me the other day? Well, I had my home health professional, Tristan find the cord and plug it in to the printer and said printer began spewing out backed up prints requests like Biblical demons leaving the possessed. So I'm back in business. But not tonight. Now, I think I'm going to take it easy and relax for the rest of the evening look forward to tomorrow I have a lunch appointment with an old work buddy, I know I know I've got eat less started tomorrow…okay

No comments: