Monday, August 30, 2021

Impulse Control Please!

 



I get so frustrated with myself. I'm just so impulsive I try not to be, I try to be a little conservative when I purchased things but sometimes I just get this wild urge to hit the “Commit button” on the purchase of an item but I'm looking at on the Internet, usually books because they're cheap and even if you screw up is not that big a deal. For some people they have no problem sending things back but for me I always end up getting screwed so I never really buy anything big/important on the Internet however, I do buy a lot of books or some books.


It's Monday so I figure out check my mail spent about a week since last time I went all the way down to the mailboxes and checked out my little square cubicle. I used to check daily then realized all I did was remove the junk mail and throw it all away. I finally got most everything that's relatively important like recurring purchases like my X infinity, and a couple other subscription services being paid right out of my bank account so I really don't need the paper anymore. I figure I'm saving trees as well as saving the consternation of having to file all that mail which is absolutely worthless. Fortunately, I have had no issues with missed payments or anything like that so I guess I'm okay. Except for the fact that leaves only junk mail massing in my mailbox and needs to be downloaded once a week. Today, I noticed the book I ordered a week ago or so finally arrived. The volume probably came on Thursday or Friday of last week and has been patiently sitting in the mailbox ever since. I've been sawing through a Robert Ludlum that I procured from the library upstairs a couple weeks ago. It's been a good read but pretty violent. Don't know why but I ordered another Ludlum as I was getting towards the end of this volume. For some reason I didn't realize this guys a same one who wrote the Bourne trilogy. I wanted to get a volume that was written in this decade at least so not reading anything closer than the name Robert Ludlum I ordered this volume. I knew it was coming but I knew I had time so I wasn't really too anxious. When I saw there is a book in with all the junk mail I knew it was my new Robert Ludlum and imagine my frustration when I finally opened the shipping envelope the book was in and realized the novel is not by Robert Ludlum he's just like the guy it adds his name to whatever this other guy is writing. And I'm going to own this is not like they were trying to sell this book is a Robert Ludlum book (though they were trying to make it look like it was I know that). This guy supposedly writes like the other writer Robert Ludlum but we'll see if he's any good. It's just frustrating. Luckily in the meantime before it made the mistake to order this volume got a wild hair and actually ordered a book byHemingway, A Movable Feast a writer's experience about his time in pre-World War II Paris. I like Hemingway what little I've read of him and I've should've read more me after all the sky blues brings out in Sun Valley Idaho back in the middle 60s. What a shame suicide is such a waste. Anyway plan to read the feast then read this new guy writing under Robert Ludlum's name. This should take me through the fall…

No comments: