Monday, August 16, 2021

Monday Madness




As a general rule my life runs pretty smoothly all things considered. However, there always seems to be glitches and they always come at the wrong time maybe that's what makes than the glitches. Today is August 16 the day that I made arrangements with IHC wheelchair shop to come and pick up my new chair for repairs. And I could emphasize “new” and the irony that I'm sending it back to the shop less than five months after I took possession but I'm not going to do that. It's somewhat astounding that I'm actually willing to give up the chair and is not like I had the choice anyway because the chairs regained to fail more and more in different ways which is really limiting my ability to be independent and quite frankly scaring the snot out of me. So today is Monday and I'm counting on the fact that it is Monday that Melanie would be here and go through the process of my program and shower and in the meantime I would switch out chairs which means I would have to move the cushion from this chair, the new chair, have a placed in the backup chair which a be no big deal since I'll be out of the chair while I'm going through my program. So of course I have everything ready to go and 8 AM rolls around and no Melanie, 8:30 AM no Melanie 9:00 AM no Melanie so I make a call to Select Home Health, my provider, and no one answers. This goes on all morning and finally after the lunch hour I get a hold of Cambrai the office staff informs me that Melanie is sick. So essentially I don't have anyone coming. Which means I don't have a way to make the switch from one chair to the other. Of course the IHC wheelchair staff will not assist me in transferring physically. No one knows how to run the left or want to take the time for me to try to talk them through. I'm hoping that worst-case scenario I transfer onto my bed the IHC medical staff move the chairs around switch cushions and that I switch back to the back of chair. This is the best case scenario the worst-case scenario is that I had up having to reschedule for another day that my home health person might be here and do the switcheroo. I might have to call my brother my son to help with the switch that might be the best bet. I was kind of hoping that Ted the maintenance guy here at the project would be around and I could talk him help me transfer chairs but so far that is been a no go.


I cannot remember if I scheduled myself for an early pick up her later pickup… I actually think I did the early pick up thinking I want to have it done with. Now mind you, this is just an evaluation of the issues my chair is experiencing. That means that depending on what is found I'll have to go through this whole song and dance again when they do the actual repair to the chair. It's always too complicated that doesn't need to be this dramatic. This is just the chair forget the whole concept that I still have to poop, which I have not done since Friday, and then shower and then probably redress again for the rest of my day once I get my program finished or maybe I'll just roll around naked for the rest of the night after almost 3:00 pm



No comments: