Wednesday, August 04, 2021

Mail Out!

 



The heat is back I can tell and I'm grateful. True so the smoke from the California fires but I'm not too worried about the smoke pollution, even though I'm sure I should be. Smoke will pass just like everything else with time. Even though there was smoke I could tell today would be essentially cloud free.


I've been pretty busy all week I must admit. I was looking forward to basically staying home and doing some tasks that really need to be accomplished. First and foremost in my mind is the packaging and posting of this month's kid letters. I don't know why it seemed such a challenge this month but it has been. But I just needed to commit to getting them out today no matter what. And, this evening I plan to make a run down to the mailroom and deposit the remaining kid letters. I'm glad that's off my shoulders. So having said that, what my days focus was to be, everything was turned over upside down when I ran into my neighbor Billie across the hall , seriously it's been actually a week since I last saw this person who lives just across the hallway. In my defense this person has has not been feeling well so I've given her some space. However I know she loves “free pie Wednesday” that the village in promotes and even though it was 10:30 AM. I immediately agreed to go to lunch. There goes my morning plans for my mailing. Just so y'all not die of curiosity I had triple Berry pie all mode, the pie was heated. We had a great conversation and a great lunch it was Dutch have learned my lesson of trying to pay for both.


I was able to time my afternoon bike pump so that I can listen to Marketplace with just a little bit of The World. I was fortunate enough to finish printing the envelopes and I began folding the signed letters. I actually got the first batch – – those adults of the letters that get no cash sealed, stamped and taken down to the mailroom. The others I eventually stuffed with the one dollar bills sealed on the table waiting for my evening run down to the mailroom and then everything is out of my hands. Might do a couple more letters to some “honorary kids” but it's hard to tell at this point. Tomorrow the morning will be taken up with washing clothes and community coffee. I hope to work on my Recertification papers that allow me to stay in this senior housing project – – once a year I have to go public with my medical expenses and whatever else they now want the recertification. 9/10 of the recertification used to be verbal and cordial now, supposedly due to Covid, we have to fill out the questionnaire paper pencil and then supply medical costs. A plan to get a lot done tomorrow on this project but it is not to be finished until the ninth of the month. Today has been a long day and I'm tired. I was going to cut up watermelon for dinner but I think now I'll wait till tomorrow for just another thing to do on my Thursday…



No comments: