Sunday, August 29, 2021

Sometimes You Need A Little Help

 


I spend large part of my life trying to be independent. I think about this all the time, particularly now as I age and every day I wonder if this is going to be the day I cannot get myself out of bed or the day that I won't be able to dress myself or take care of myself and other ways. I cannot believe how fortunate I am to be at this point in my life and to be is independent as I am. As the dedicated reader knows I have attendant care commission now three days a week for showers and bowel care. I've been fudging this last two weeks when I've gotten hold of a new caregiver actually slip on my shorts and my shoes. I dressed myself from then on but you would not believe how much of an assist that is. I I can undress myself and roll into bed entirely on my own. I love this. I can do this because I have power everything. A power chair which can flatten the knowing my body so I can scoot close on and off. Have a power bed which raises and lowers which allows me always to be able to be elevated above the target I plan to transfer into whether it my bed at night are my chair giving up the next morning. It has not happened yet but I don't know will happen during a power outage. This kind of freaks me out. I don't totally focus on it but I would like to figure out a way to store electricity for just such an event. Something with enough storage to allow me to elevate our lower my bed somewhere with my chair. If I have to endure an extended power shortage I don't know what I would do. I still maintain my manual chair and I do think I could use that should I need to but I would definitely need to assist into and out of. I'm trying not to bring myself down actually in fact us trying to use this as a lead-in to my next comment and what this postings really about.


I first noticed about midweek when I had my board meeting. I was not able to print either the agenda or the minutes from the last meeting. Luckily there are enough printers around this facility I was able to go to somebody's office who printed them off for me. They didn't give me any problem after all the meeting was the board meeting for the organization that owns this property so I could say was work related. Today however I needed to print one of the new kid letters for this next month and of course the printers not being recognized. Not sure why but it's going to be something I'm going to have to help Mark Anthony come over I think the link me up again. I fantasize I would be able to achieve this task if are able to get behind the printer are the CPU when I need to test your connections are solid and secure. While checking out the printer I of course dropped the connecting power cord which totally made the system worthless. Had I been thinking this morning after breakfast I would had marked more to the apartment and find out what's wrong with my computer's printer. I didn't. So, tomorrow I'll have Ted come over the plug my printer back in and see if fact solves the problem. I don't think it will and will have to probably call Mark Anthony to see if he has anytime this week to run by the apartment. This is a great example of not being able to be independent as much as I would like and I hate to believe that is what kids are for the truly beginning to wonder…

No comments: