Monday, August 23, 2021

To School or Not To School That Is the Question

This is an actual upside down sketch I did for my art class at Salt Lake Community College


Thankfully the dry weather and most of the heat is back in this summer. It's so difficult to predict anything anymore because times are changing so radically and quickly. I would not be surprised if we have a very warm winter which will exacerbate our drought scenario. I think I've alluded to this before but as much as I would hate to see the warm weather come and increase the drought there's a part of me that would also say maybe one winter or it's kind of warm and kind of enjoyable but I will say no more I don't want to jinx the climate either way. I guess what I was alluding to is the fact that it's the last part of August which means a few more hot days (if I'm lucky) and then the autumn will begin to make its appearance with brisk colder days which also means time for school!


Once again the pandemic changes everything and even though there might be the possibility of an person classes there's the same probability that the whole system will shut down again. I have to really admit that I enjoyed my stint as a art student at the local community college a couple of years ago. I don't know if I would have the strength of stamina to try to do that again especially over our regular semester versus the summer class that I took. I did however totally enjoy being in the artistic academic setting. Yesterday Mark Anthony and myself zoomed the Community college again, the place is just so perfect, many collegiate setting space just down the street from my apartment complex. I mean seriously I could board the bus it would drop me off at the college and if I had the patience reverse the procedure to come home as opposed to rolling back and forth. I don't know if I would take another art class, even though I'd love to, just because it's so physical. I have to tote all my materials back and forth to class. I'm still pondering all this possibility of going back and forth the class in the shortening days of light as well as possible drops in temperature and perhaps even snow and ice. Even if I chose not to do the art part and just attend classes to sit in on lectures and not have to be burdened with the crucible of testing and having to produce a final grade. Actually, attending for the sheer pleasure of learning. I would also hope that amenities such as the cafeteria will be open in hopes of grabbing a cup of coffee and hanging out, you know trying to look cool. But more than that just being somewhere for this other people interested in learning and living. Maybe, if nothing else once classes begin at the community college I can enter the campus as a “Dobie Gillis” and just slide in and out of classes and hang around the college campus looking cool, drinking coffee and shoot in the bull like everyone else…

No comments: