Tuesday, August 10, 2021

Ding Ding Ding Goes The Trolley…

 



You know that saying “a rolling stone gathers no moss” true. I mean it's a cliché of course which for me to visit validation. It is been visibly witnessed over millennia and always seems to be true. So for me just because my Assist, Inc. meeting was canceled this week I still feel the inertia of attending a meeting somewhere or at least doing something. So to satisfy that “itch” I decided I would saddle up and headed in the town anyway. I felt a need to visit Trolley Square in East Salt Lake. Trolley Square is a shopping mall, kind of a high-end shopping mall, constructed out of the old trolley Barnes of Salt Lake City. Just as the name implies when the city was running trolleys they were all run out of trolley Square. I have written about this place over the years especially from the point of view is a great place for Kid Day. The committed reader will remember “Kid Day” was basically Saturday when I would have my kids for visitation. Anyway, I love this place every time I go I follow love with the tunnel like environment, history and fond memories. Of course like everything else in my universe the places changed incredibly but still is a delight.


Couple weeks ago when I was at the Trolley Square I found a clothing shop called Spark. I really wasn't looking to purchase anything basically just windowshopping when I came upon their “men's section” and there in front of me was more hats that I'd seen for sale in all my days in Utah. There are exactly the kind of hats I've been searching for hats and caps. I was totally surprised also defined that the caps and many of the clothes in this place was acceptable pricewise even though it was in a “high-end ish” venue. The caps I was interested in was like $12 and $14! I was told within my price range and also totally justified. They had all kinds of styles of hats/caps and even more unique they had sizes for fatheads such as mine. I was also pleased at how supportive the management was of my questions. They helped me get the right size and supported me in my purchase. I'm definitely going back to this place for more caps as well as long T-shirts which they also had quite a variety of. Like I said totally surprising and affordable and trolley Square.


Quite a shame in the old days there is quite a food court and trolley Square. Hamburgers and corndogs you know the usual mall food offerings. Sadly these places are all gone now. There is kind of a Oopsie doopsie fast food offering that is a far cry from a restaurant. Costly pastries and coffees. Not for me not to be. I got no notification that On the Hook this truck was at 21st South and 900 E. totally on my way home and I was hungry. It took a while by bus but I got my lunch and the fish was great! I hate the fact the food is served or purchased from one of those high-rise trucks/food trucks is totally inaccessible but these guys were very accommodating and I guess I could've actually used my elevator function and then just right. I'm still trying to remember what all this chair will do and how to use it…



No comments: