Friday, August 06, 2021

Smoke Gets In Your Eyes…

 





Smoke! I can honestly say I've never seen the amount of smoke in this atmosphere as I'm experiencing now. I mean before today I was a little taken back in the last couple weeks to see so much smoke in the atmosphere that it look like it was a cloudy day but that's all changed. Now it's like there is a grass fire or something couple blocks away and we're experiencing the smoke from that blaze. But the blazing question is several hundred miles away in the smoke is hanging in the air like fog. And the aroma in the air is like 1 million bazillion campfires. I noticed the aroma first thing when I woke this morning. There is just a faint smell of smoke but when I went out to test the outside I was quite overwhelmed and then I looked through my bedroom window across to the park to get action suit a the smoke hanging in the air between me and the trees on the far side of the park.


Of course that's all the news coverage right now is about the California fires and their devastation and the amount of smoke in the Utah skies. This of course is going to change in the next couple of days I suppose when the wind begins to blow in another direction when another low-pressure system moves in the area somewhere and pushes and pulls the smoke in another direction hopefully out to the ocean not that, that's what the ocean deserves. The ocean does not deserve this nor does all the little beings inside the ocean that no doubt will be affected by this much smoke. These folks are not necessarily matter of fact in their coverage of this phenomenon. They truly are talking heads much like the song about giving the bad part of the news with a great smile. Of course, the commentators don't smile and be talk about how bad it is but to a large part it really is just the words coming from the Teleprompter through their mouths. We still got a few days of this smoke to deal with. I would not be surprised to see some folks begin to wear some kind of ventilation device that will make them look like Capt. Nemo walking on the street. People do what they have to do to get by walking on the valley floor here. I'm doing okay I'm kind of used to the smell now. I wish it weren't here because it can be doing me any good but I can't feel it doing me any harm right now either. It's just another challenge I've got a get through like everybody else has to.


It's kind of topic, I understand, but I finally processed the watermelon I bought a week ago and I think it's going to be a bit of a challenge to consume this fruit before it goes “around the corner”. I only cut three fourths of the melon and put it in the long box and put it in the fridge. I like to think that I'm going to eat the rest of the melon I didn't cut up before I get to the refrigerated product. But somehow I don't think that's can happen. I assume what is left of the melon on the table will decompose pretty quickly. It's already getting spots…

No comments: