Wednesday, August 25, 2021

Wednesday Wisecracks

 


Does washing clothes count as being productive? If so I've been a little productive regarding today's time. I did my midweek program, read a little bit. On some medical questions I've been trying to deal with this leaned back in my chair trying to stay off my bottom a little bit. I don't know if that qualifies as productive time use or medical intervention/prevention. Either way, I just don't feel like doing enough. On the other hand I was all up for heading down to the closest Chinese restaurant in picking up takeout for tonight but as the time got closer that I would make the trip I kind of talk myself out of the whole adventure. Biggest excuse I used was: do I need to spend this money? I have more than enough money in my petty cash box which I could've or would've used to pay for dinner but still I have perfectly good food here at the house that I can have for dinner. I haven't eaten dinner yet it is getting on the 6:30 PM though I did have a bag of Doritos which I got from B Billie .. I don't know My neighbor across the hall. I have two ears of corn in the refrigerator which I've had in there for a couple weeks now. There was another ear by through the corn away this morning. The ear was on the far side of the package of four pieces. It was the one exposed to the outside air it was a goner. I think the other two members of the pack are okay. I wish I had some hot dogs or that I'd gotten the stake or roast the other day when is at the market so I could've sliced the meat up for cold cuts in whatever I meeting. I'm currently on a mini binge of cleaning out the refrigerator which basically means I'm throwing a wet towel, sticky/Grossarea of the refrigerator and leave it there for a day or so than wiping away whatever comes up. This method takes a lot of patience but is relatively productive provided nobody else on earth looks into the refrigerator. I still have a number of containers in the back of the top shelf that have been in their way past their “best used by” dates in some cases three or four months but hey there cartons of cottage cheese and how bad cannot get? When cottage cheese is kind of bad when it's packed if you ask me. One of the containers about it in going to open the go right into the garbage and the other container all open and see if it's usable and then maybe mix it in with tomorrow's eggs if I choose to do scrambled in the morning before social coffee.


So you can tell I'm rambling because I don't have anything else to really write about which is the big problem most staying in my apartment all day being a recluse and enjoying it. I've had a new home health person for the past week and a half and he'll be here again on Friday. Melanie my usual has been in the hospital for the past week. I can't get much information in the really haven't tried but I am worried about her. She is one of these people who are really low income that I wonder how she survives one week to the next. She's one of those who don't get medical attention until whatever she has is so severe it's life-threatening. One of the reasons she has no medical coverage so I don't know how she's going to cope with a week hospital stay. But she's a survivor even if is against her will most the time but this may be just too much hang in there Melanie… Only if you want to…

No comments: