Thursday, August 19, 2021

Papers Please!



I hate to admit the fact that I'm a bit of an alarmist sometimes. I don't think I'm psychosomatic or that I think I'm ill all the time it's just that I tend to worry when I do start eliciting symptoms of one sort or another. This summer I had the scare with the skin breakdown and was lucky enough to have almost immediate input from what healthcare provider's and actually cleared up the wounded to three weeks. I felt I was getting the skin breakdown but kept asking my home health person who said she couldn't find anything or see anything that I looked and found it myself started the process. So, the certainly increased my my worry that something might be wrong with me I'm taking no chances.


This last week's the local area than going through a fairly significant temperature reduction, rain and lots of wind to say nothing of the lightning and thunder. The kind of exciting except for now I'm sniffling a little bit I can't tell whether it's just a cool weather, possible pollen are maybe just maybe the dreaded Covid variant! Last week my home health person was coughing her head off and, for the first time I was contacted by the agency to assure me that she had tested twice negative. Up until that instant I had didn't even think she might have the Covid. She says she's been vaccinated twice and I've been vaccinated twice so I felt relatively secure. But she tested negative so I'm okay for sure at least from her. Now however as I watch the news seeing more and more “breakthrough” incidents the people with two vaccinations and I'm here in a while talk about the booster shot. This seems to be a lot of pros and cons regard to booster shots even from the ethical standpoint of being the first world country and all the benefits we have especially being double vaccinated when there's so many other countries that have not even had one vaccination. I guess I have no compunction about growing up and getting my booster. As a senior with a disability I just can't risk not getting the booster vaccination regardless of what's going on in the second and third world populations. I wish it wasn't the case but fortune is his fortune does. Last night on the local news I think it was the first time I started hearing people talk about being able to be eligible for booster vaccination eight months after your second vaccination. I started worrying about just where was my vaccination card. I knew that I had one and I thought that I stuck it somewhere I could actually get it if I needed to relatively quickly. Again, as I watch the news and started seeing different stories about programs and services admitting people only if they can produce a card showing their vaccination history. That really hasn't been a big issue yet in Salt Lake let's begin to sound more and more like it might become that. So this morning, as I was heading out the door to go to coffee I noticed sticking out of the corner of my corkboard my vaccination record! I had it and have it right here. I am generally not that responsible sometimes I really surprised myself for the better. Well I've taken the image of the card down and I think I'm going to get this laminated. I don't know if there is room on the back to register that date of the booster shot but I'm going to keep the card correct get at it and keep the card safe because I think were wandering into a world where you going to have to produce your records on demand…

No comments: