Friday, August 27, 2021

Hair Cut Rut

 


I wish I had got my hair cut today. My hair is not at that point where it's out of control shooting everywhere like Einstein theory or photograph. My hair is sister to that point where it's “puffy” on the sides and totally leaves have had marks if I wear when my caps too long. It's not a big deal but I don't want to spend any more money until I get my influx closer to the end of the month are beginning of the month depending on how one looks at something like that. Financially the $10 that the haircut costs me would have no impact on me. I have cash set aside in my “moneybox” for just such events but I just could not get myself motivated to the point the role across the street and get them cut. Now, if I'm going to get myself better looking further end of the week it will have to be tomorrow and I think my hair person will be working tomorrow. If not I can certainly wait till Monday or Wednesday (she does not work on Tuesday when she watches her grandkids).


If I choose to have the haircut tomorrow I can count the effort is having done something productive for the day. Today I counted spending time with my neighbor across the hall, Billie. We visited for about an hour gossiping about our neighbors which is grand fun. Space Billie even shared with me or pepperoni pizza from Domino's my favorite place. To give me to pieces which I cut it into six strips. I like to think it takes me longer to enjoy the pizza somehow is not as fattening if I can stretch out the timestamp on eating the pieces. I wish the local Dominoes was closer – – is not far away but far enough away to make going there to pick up pizza a bit of a challenge. I doubt it but I still might order a pizza for the weekend you know having cold pizza anytime you want from Friday to Monday. I don't know maybe tomorrow I'll wander up to the market for a roast or a streak to get me by the weekend which is totally stupid because it's I've gotten perfectly good food in the freezer as well as in my meat stash in the cupboard on the side of the sink. Corned beef, spam, canned beef and canned chicken I even have canned shrimp and anchovies. I would be a fool to go to the market just because I was bored with what was it closets but that's the way that I am.


I was interested in hearing a couple of his commentators on NPR this afternoon talk about how discouraged or anxious they are feeling because of the events of the world right now. I've heard this refrain over and over this week about the general malaise or anxiety caused by everything especially Covid in the pandemic. I won't lie I guess I have to admit I might even be succumbing to the feelings but quite honestly I think I was already there I think people disabilities already are for the most part a second-class citizens we can get the leftovers anyway. I carry my mask with me everywhere I go of course always on the bus they won't let you ride unless you have a mask. I don't mind the masks, I don't mind social distancing it's a small price to pay for getting out to the movies…

No comments: