Saturday, August 07, 2021

Watermelon Spots



The smoke was better today, the smoke still invades the area but not with the intensity as it was yesterday. However, tonight's news seems to indicate that might be back next week at some point when another drycold system passes through. I am not totally sure what that means but the means were not out of the woods as far as the smoke goes. And I'm not worried anyway, the smoke hasn't bothered me at all. Pretty much laid back Saturday. I'm going through a little power chair trauma right now. The foot box that I have on this chair is just way too big – – I think I've complained about the foot box before and I'm still trying to get some sort of fix for the problem. However, today I've noticed that the whole box is turning somewhat catty whomp us (I know that's not the way it's spelled but is the best I could do with my speech to text software as it is). I think when I dress and I have to “stand” in my chair, I do this by tilting the chair back and then trend arch my back as I spasm lifted my butt up and allowing me to pull my shorts up over my hips if I'm lucky. Anyway, I'm sure I'm putting just a hell of a lot of weight on the right side of this poor foot box and for whatever reason is causing the whole thing to turn. Today I did buy regular go to on these kind of issues and called my brother to please come over and look at it to see what he could do. My brother is just incredible , he can fix anything. I try not to call him too much less sure to want to wear them out or get tired of me. But as usual he seemed more than happy to come over and check out what is going on. He seemed totally perplexed at the foot box. He could certainly see the problem as far as the turned foot box but was totally surprised as was I that he couldn't figure out how to fix the issue. He was able however to put my main fear rest that the foot box might come off entirely leaving me in a real pickle. My only option now is to go ahead and call the wheelchair shop and make an appointment for them to come out and pick up the chair and work on a couple problems. Hopefully, the chair techs will be able to reconfigure the box so it doesn't look quite so idiotic. I'm hoping that eventually I can get a much smaller box which I think would solve but the problem but that's another issue entirely.


The other night I finally got it together enough to process the watermelon I purchased last week. I hate leaving the watermelon out so long because it just tends to atrophy so quickly. It'd been a great mountain I purchased it and I should have done the cut up right them but I didn't I waited far too long and because of that much afraid there's all kinds of atrophy spots on the watermelon meat per se. I cut up about three fourths of the melon and put it in the long plastic container which I think is for flat cakes. I left the rest of the melon intact covered with plastic membrane thinking I would eat the left over melon but that was a while ago and I haven't been motivated to the point I need to be eat this melon. The image of supplied for today's posting is the piece I cut free from the watermelon rind and cut in the finger sizes. You can see the dark spots where the melon was beginning to turn a birdie on the ball started soon on the lose everything…

No comments: