Thursday, August 12, 2021

Tooth Time In The Chair

 


I'm so proud of myself. I had a morning altering event happen early on and continued on with my day happily if not cautious. I was a little discouraged on waking at 3:45 AM and knowing that I'm not going back to sleep, which wasn't quite true but basically, I a ended up sleeping a little bit longer till about 4:45 AM. I don't know if it was just Thursday and I hadn't had anything planned for today is my in between day as far as home health folks go. I'm totally on my own and I love it. Thursday is also coffee social be that's always exciting but my goal was to to get my wash going super early and have it done by coffee.

[I was out the door by 6 o'clock in my bathrobe zipping down to the laundry and got my wash started. I want to get my self dressed to be on my day so I quickly shaved was in the process of putting on my shorts when I, like a dummy, was trying to hold my leg lifting device with my mouth when I felt something strange in my mouth and of course I had broken my front tooth. Actually I don't think I had broken it I had just lost the covering that Dr. Alan Anderson had put on a couple months ago. As I said I was just pleased beyond report that there is no pain associated with losing this covering. I'm pretty sure the Doc will be able to fix the problem fairly quickly and I hope economically. However even if this is pricey, I can always use the cost on my next recertification next year for medical costs. Perhaps this is a naïve way of dealing with the high cost of dental work but whatever gets you through the day. After all this is the guy who provides me with great Christmas gifts but dropped off a couple jars of salsa and a humongous bag of chips just a couple days ago. I guess it all works out in the end. So, my day has developed to include a trip to the dentist at 3:30 PM and hopefully a recapping of my front tooth. I just have to be careful and stop using my teeth this tools. I'm thankful that I'm still operating with most of my teeth, granted I've got some major gaps here there top and bottom but that's okay. I can still eat steak under other pieces of meat one has to chew, I enjoy the raw nuts when I eat on a fairly regular basis and in general able to chew all that I desire. Though I must admit I'm amazed at how many repairs that I they have purchased  for easy cxhewing and sometimes wonder what it would be like to live on a diet that I did not have to masticate very much. I think it be challenging but I could do it and feel ahead of fairly good quality of life. After all, I'm 70 years old what more could I expect…?

No comments: