Thursday, August 26, 2021

Totems






Finally a reason to leave the apartment and not have to spend any money in the process. Not that I have a problem spending money I just hate spending money just to get out of the house/apartment. It's Thursday that means it's social coffee or the coffee social or get together and hammer for 45 minutes or so before everyone gets bored and leaves. I don't know when I lost the foam rubber insert that my occupational therapist cut for me to help me set straighter in the chair I think I lost it shortly before I took possession of this new chair. In the process I had another occupational therapy type person manufactured me another piece but this new chair is kind of a drag because there is no way in keeping a piece of foam rubber in the side of my chair. So I lost that piece as well. I knew falling down to what used to beUCAT they would have something there that would work. I know they have just a pile of chair cushions that if we took one apart I think we would find some foam rubber which I think would work. I felt was worth a try and was a good justification for a trip and get me out of my chaotic apartment.


UCAT is an amazing program I've always blown away every time I go around back with the Buffmire center and go into this project at all the equipment they have sitting there the new guy over the program is that a great job of forcing ordered this chaos. I wish I could give the command apartment. Anyway, I told him what I needed and we found a couple pieces that actually kind of work which will work until I can figure out where to get a hold is role 1 inch semi-stiff foam. So with performing hand actually balanced on my chair with my pack I headed for home. There's number of buses that serve the Buffmire center but of course I take 217 which is just up the street on Redwood Road and is a straight shot back to the apartment. As I was going up to the intersection of Redwood Road and fifth South I barely missed the bus which passed me by but that's okay. The beauty about Redwood Road and 217 route is that it runs 15 minute headways are a bus every 15 minutes all day long which seems a little overkill to me but I love the service so not to complain. The bus stop for the return trip is right in front of Totems are really great restaurant and bar from a bygone era. In fact I don't believe it's even called Totems anymore and would never know the name of this restaurant is Totems except for the fact that that there are major carvings and would all around the building with the very name everywhere plus a couple of impressive totem poles. I think I only went this restaurant once maybe twice. In an earlier day it was quite a watering hole for state employees from the Buffmire center. There are a number of holiday parties to my recollection there too. I rarely stop there because that was when I was driving my van and I had ever really good reason to get out of the van especially since I lived in Murray which is quite a drive. So I really went to this jewel. The place is still being used as I restaurant but it's never opened at the time that I'm there. I think it's only open in the evening's and perhaps on weekends. I think it's a Mexican restaurant. I really fantasized about going there and ordering a big old steak in a mixed drink but that's for fantasies of days long gone…

No comments: