Sunday, August 15, 2021

Beautiful Dreamer

 



; font-size: large;">Another breakfast with Mark Anthony, I really enjoyed time he has been able to afford me doing these Sunday breakfasts the last couple of months. I don't know if this “tradition” will last into the winter months or if we will continue ad infinitum which would be nice. I don't know how good this is for my waistline but having time with my son and sometimes granddaughter is priceless. I hope that's not too dramatic when you think about how short life is, and even how much time I have left in the best case scenario the curtains are coming close to closing.


Anyway I was contacted early by text that Mark was running late and would meet up with me at 8:30 AM versus 8:00 AM which is okay with me. Interestingly, I had a bit of a struggle this morning dressing but I was dressed and ready to go by the appointed time. I'm watching this dressing thing pretty closely trying to figure out what the problem is. I suspect it is something to do with my new chair particularly in the way that I have already messed it up. But, since I rarely have any place to be on a specific time and I can take the time that I need to dress I'm doing okay. Worse case scenario is having one of my home health people dress me on the days I shower and then I'll figure out what to do on the other. Right now it's not a real big deal. But I'm sure the be more to come regarding this issue.


I wasn't sure what to expect going into the restaurant a half an hour later. I didn't expect too much difference but about 20 after the hour I saddled up and headed down to the restaurant. I figured I'd better get there and stake out a table in case it was a very busy morning. The last couple of breakfast we've had spent some large family gatherings consuming a lot of the tables. Want to be sure that we had one. I was intrigued as I came up the street (the dedicated reader remember that local workers of closed off a lot of the sidewalks even on weekends when they're not working grrrr). Anyway, like I said I was intrigued when I saw this body lying on the side of this sidewalk. At first I thought a tarp are plastic sheet was covering the body but on closer examination it seemed to be some kind of sleeping bag covering the by cycle and the body. The individual was alive no doubt about it twitching here in twitching their as he slumbered. I wasn't sure how ethical I was sneaking the couple images for my blog or whatever I use them for but I figure if you lay out in public are fair game. I clicked a couple of them amount to my restaurant for breakfast.


My granddaughter, Jasmine, was not with us today she was at a Camp-out the some sorts so is this Mark and I. We had a leisurely breakfast which I only ate half, less than half actually, saving the rest for breakfast or dinner this following week. Mark brought his new scooter and I had a full charge in the chair so off we went. I showed Mark where the water has been turned off from the little canal that wanders through our park and all the carnage the cutting off of the water has produced. Much of the small puddles and pools I saw earlier in the week rather greatly reduced or completely gone leaving only the odor of dead fish or did something. In the pools that remained the poor little beings swam around desperately searching for air which is been basically cooked out of what water remained. Once again a shadow of things that are to come if we don't take responsibility for our water usage but that's enough said. It's Sunday, I've done done enough pontificating for one Sunday…

No comments: