Tuesday, October 10, 2023

Berry Merry Pie



I've heard it said, not by me, that there's nothing more beautiful than a finished pie. Today I did an impulse purchase, I don't know why I think I need to be nice to myself for one reason or another and I went to the market specifically to buy a pie and Court of ice cream or whatever measurement ice cream comes in. I wanted vanilla bean ice cream. I don't know if it's any better than just plain vanilla but it sure seems to be better and that's what I wanted to purchase today. I find shopping in the frozen section of the market is the most challenging for me mainly because everything's behind those Swing Out glass doors and if the item is anywhere near the bottom or the top of the shelves then I'm out of luck. Sometimes if I have one of my hooks with me I can use that to drag the item down to a point where I can either pull it down and catch it or pull it over close enough that I can reach the item to put on my lap or in my basket. I usually keep my hook with me when I go to the market because I use it to hang the bags off of for my return trip home. I used to take a basket with me all the time but they became too awkward but I realized I can often get as much items with a number of bags hung off of the hook in my lap from the stick. Anyway in order to use the hook to grab the items from the frozen section I have to first pull it off my travel bag and secure it somewhere and then pull the hook out between my legs to grab the item in question. I find it much easier to grab somebody who's walking past and let them grab the I'm trying to secure on my lap or in my basket.


I got a berry pie, frozen berry pie that you have to cook. As soon as I got home, it was almost 5:00 p.m., and I knew I would not find room in the freezer to stash the pie until tomorrow or Sunday later and besides I wanted to cook the treat tonight. I think I knew the second that I took the pie out of the box and turned the oven to preheat 400°. That even though I cook the pie tonight I doubt that I'll even have a piece. I think I just wanted the pleasure of cooking a treat particularly since we have another storm coming in for the next couple of days and I don't know if I wanted to go out in the wet Nicole if I didn't have to. It would be nice to have the pie around as well as a fresh carton of ice cream the dote on. I thought about getting the Cosmopolitan is that the one where they have the three different colors or flavors of ice cream? No I think it's Neapolitan ice cream or something like that strawberry, vanilla and chocolate that almost sounded appetizing but I had a box of that earlier this summer and where it was good I think I really wanted to do the vanilla bean ice cream this time. I don't believe I have anything out in the community for the next couple of days. Of course Thursday is the coffee social but that's inside the building here so no need to leave. You would think the high point of my day was doing the shopping and getting the ice cream and pie but actually it was the trip into Salt Lake for my weekly meeting. I don't know why that's so important to me but I was glad to get dressed and get out of the apartment and take the train in to the city…

No comments: