Monday, October 23, 2023

Monday's moments

 I apologize if this feels a bit rushed but in all honesty my evening just sort of got away from me. I don't know exactly how that happened I think a lot of it has to do with me getting used to the old chair which is a new chair which is the old chair you know I said the chair and had to get fixed couple days ago and I couldn't get into it till this morning when Melissa was here to transfer me from the old chair to the new chair or the reconditioned chair whatever you want to call it. I just don't remember it being this uncomfortable it probably was but the chair isn't such a state when I send it in but it's hard to say what was the chair and what was the broken part of the chair but now the chair is all together and I still feel pretty uncomfortable. My big fear of course is pressure on my butt. Because this chair is so fancy and functional it sets me straight up and down which really puts the pressure right onto my tailbone. I think I really sluffed  a lot in the other chair but it seemed a lot more comfortable than this one is now. I know I need to give it some time and make sure I've got the right cushion in we'll see where it goes. I do have the elevator function back and that almost makes everything worthwhile I can now use the upper cupboards of my apartment which I can't in the other chair the same goes for items in the freezer. I can't reach the freezer really except for the very first front part of it and then it's questionable now I could use the whole thing raise high enough to reach into the back it's really quite nice feature. I wish I'd got that a chair before now. I don't have padding in my foot box either. When I did have the padding I destroyed it quickly just the way that I tend to push myself up pushing my feet onto the pads tears about pretty bad because the pads are pretty lightweight once again not really made for someone like me who has as much Mobility as I tend to have, which I shouldn't and I'm thankful that I do certainly makes the ability to live independently a lot easier. The next big challenge that I will be hitting the sack and then getting up in the morning. Going to bed should be fairly easy that's just falling in getting up will be the challenge of transferring from the bed to the power chair I'm sure I'll pull it off but it's a bit intimidating I mean after all I use this chair for a bunch of years before I had to send it back in for repairs. I know I can do it..


I guess the summer is finally over even though the sunshine was out the temperature seem cool today when I was out and about. I had to cross the street partly to test my chair and partly to get some new coffee. I used about the last of it this morning for Melissa's coffee and mine too but I know by Wednesday I'm going to need another bag of coffee which I got today at the shop across the street. The weather folks indicated that the day might be one of the warmer days of the week so it's going to start getting cooler I'm really going to have to start dressing better to be out and about tomorrow I'll have long sleeves and maybe a hoodie as I go into the city for my weekly meeting. It's that time of the here….

No comments: