Tuesday, October 24, 2023

Concerned

 I'm getting a little concerned about the repair chair that I received earlier this week. Well I got it yesterday I guess. This morning I was able to transfer okay even though the armrest is kind of messed up. It doesn't go down the way it used to so I have to like pull it straight back so the armrest is not in my way when I try to make the transfer. I made the transfer withlout issue this morning. The big trouble I had was trying to dress myself. This chair seems to be much more narrow than the other chair it does not give me much room to move the stick under my leg to lift it up to cross over so I can put my feet through the pant legs of my shorts and to put my shoe on. It took longer than usual but I finally got the job done just as I got a call from Andreas that the meeting today was canceled. The day looked nice but it was cooler than and I tried to stay out a couple of times to read but it wasn't too Pleasant though I got a few pages read. Sadly I must report that I watched a couple more Marvel movies trying to get through all the Thor movies. And I was kind of depressed at how sore my butt was as a result of my chair I guess or are baby is with the shorts as well. But they were Dockers usually gives me no problem but I need to be careful as I transition into this new chair I don't want to have any decubitus sores if I can avoid it.


It's hard for me to believe that that's another end of the month situation. Just one week left in the the month that I'm thinking I need to start riding my letters so they'll be done by the 1st. I'll start with Mom Hughes since her time is getting short and I don't know how well those letters will get through to her as she goes into a hospice living situation. I hope she still cognizant enough to enjoy the letters. I've enjoyed taking time and writing to her. The others are pretty much the same. We're running into some cold weather which I doubt I'll be out and about doing anything in the next couple days so hopefully I'll have all the letters done, print it and enveloped and ready to go out by the November. It sure seems life is become a bit of a routine but I think that's okay too. The newest thing I've done is gone back to the senior center and at least started using the lunch program they have. It's just a donation type of thing you can get away with a dollar and a lot of people don't even do that. It's pretty measured portions that's okay too. I'm sure they have a bunch of other resources but it's just hard to get used to all the old farts that are hanging around there and there's a lot of them.

No comments: