Friday, October 06, 2023

Friday's Functions

I have pretty much squandered another perfectly good day. Staying in most of the day working on the laptop or the pad whatever the technical term for the device of electronical ability. I could probably spend my life playing online and never get tired. But at some point I've got to return to adulthood/reality and start working on this apartment to bring it up to cleanliness of some sorts clearly in chaos right now. I'm not sure but I think we're technically into that concept of Indian summer where are you got a few days of bad weather feeling like winter than all the sudden a high pressure system builds in, the clouds dissipate and the temperature is rise and though it no longer feels like true summer one has the feeling that the good weather is a gift and one should take advantage of it to the full manner of its pleasure.



I really did kind of focus my whole day on trying to relieve the pressure on my butt. I currently have no lesions or skin breakdowns but I want to be totally pre-emptive if there is one happening. Tonight I will use Skin Barrier than other remedies so hopefully reinforce that skin on my butt that seems to be at risk. We elected not to put on new barrier tape this morning since the tape put on Wednesday seems to be holding fairly well. I will certainly be ready for new tape by Monday if not before. I've been thinking a lot lately of what kind of Technology would need to get myself on and off the toilet because really that's all I really need is something to get me that few inches onto the toilet and off the toilet. Between the power chairs and the chairs that rise up and down I don't see why that is such a major issue. If I could do just the toileting I would be close to where I was before the neck surgeries took place. I was certainly keep my home health person coming in at least two shower me and to keep a watch over me to make sure that she doesn't see skin breakdown that I don't. Melissa's really great that way. Whenever I visit anything like using technology to help me on and off the toilet Melissa gets a little nervous that I'm trying to get rid of her- - which I'm not! I really have to have this person in my life she watches over me much better than I can watch over myself. She's sort of like a little wife without privileges and that's okay. I sometimes feel I'd be lost without her at least as far as her taking care of me on the days that she's here and the fact that she's around for backup should I ever need such services. It's Friday which means it's the long season now before I can have another bowel movement which will be Monday morning. I suppose I could kind of starve myself and limit the amount of intake of foodstuffs into my body. The bow program this morning was less than ideal I believe I'm a bit dehydrated which makes me have little rabbit pellet poops or rpps. I thought it was actually doing fairly good liquid intake. I know I can always do better but I Focus this last week and and to increasing my liquid intake in hopes of making for a better bowel movement. I was pleased that Wednesdays movement was so large and very liquidy towards the end I thought I was doing okay but obviously not today just a bunch of pellets pretty much. I will limit my amount of intake over the weekend saving Room for breakfasst with Mark Anthony and Company come Sunday morning I still think I'll probably be feeling uncomfortable by the evening but hopefully I'll stay intact and if not I'll just have to call Melissa

No comments: